Felt Doughnuts Tutorial
- Felt for doughnut, I used light brown, dark brown(it takes 1/2 sheet per doughnut)
- Colored felt for frosting: I used light pink(I got about 4 frosting pieces/sheet)
- Doughnut template: you could use a CD or I used a large can of chicken and a nickle for the hole LOL!
- Scissors, needle, matching thread
- Fluffy stuffing, I used a polyfiber fill stuffing.
- Topping embellishments, I used beads as well as hand stitched on sprinkles.
1. Trace your pattern onto the doughnut colored felt, you’ll need 2 circles per doughnut. Then trace the doughnut hole, I used a quarter, but I think the holes are too big, so I’d use something smaller like a nickel or the inside of a CD.
2. Cut out the doughnut circles and holes. Next cut out free form frosting piece and a hole from the center the same size as the doughnut hole. (I traced the chicken can onto the pink frosting then just cut a curvy frosting piece inside the circle.)
6. Stitch the outside edges together leaving about 1.5″ open so you can push in the stuffing. Fill doughnut as full as you can, then finish stitching up the opening, and admire your newly created felt doughnut! Zero calories baby!
8. Go internet searching for more felt food because you’re now addicted, here’s some to aid in your search: