Marshmallow Snowman Craft
Aside from all the sugar, I’m liking the edible crafts because I don’t have to find anywhere to store them! I think we’ve been inundated with crafts this month and I have no clue what I’m going to do with all of them! These little guys are super easy and a hit with all!
- Large Marshmallows (2 per snowman)
- Graham Crackers
- Royal Icing (We used the Martha Stewart Icing, it was nice for the small details)
- Chocolate chips for hat, or Hershey’s Kiss
- Red rope licorice for scarf (I forgot this!)
- Straight Pretzels for Arms (we were out of these!)
- Red hots for buttons, or sprinkles for extra embellishment (my kids didn’t like the red hots)
- Optional: Hershey’s bar
1. Make the snowman body by stacking the 2 large marshmallows on top of each other. Secure them with the toothpick and “glue” the marshmallows together with a little icing. (See recipe at the bottom of this post)
2. Using icing glue the snowman to a graham cracker half. (optional: put a square of Hershey’s chocolate bar between the snowman and graham cracker)
3. Use a dot of icing on the back of red hots and glue them on the bottom marshmallow for buttons.
4. Cut a very small piece of the red licorice to make the marshmallow snowman’s mouth. Wrap a couple longer piece of string licorice for a scarf.
5. Glue the chocolate chips or chocolate kiss on top as a hat.
6. Break a stick pretzel in half, and push the stick in each side of the snowman for arms.
7. Let icing harden, and take pictures before eating!
Here’s the professional version :o)
Royal Icing Recipe:
- 3 Tablespoons Meringue Powder
- 4 Cups (about 1lb) confectioners’ sugar
- 6 tablespoons warm water
Makes: About 3 cups of icing
Beat all ingredients until icing forms peaks (7-10 minutes at low speed with a heavy-duty mixer, 10-12 minutes at high speed with a hand-held mixer).
NOTE: Keep all utensils completely grease-free for proper icing consistency.
* For stiffer icing, use 1 tablespoon less water.
**When using large countertop mixer or for stiffer icing, use 1 tablespoon less water.