Up For A Challenge: Build a Bridge!
So we’re totally behind on this, but I finally got around to participating in the Instant Challenge hosted by Michelle @ Delightful Learning. It’s called “Up for a Challenge?” and it is a weekly meme geared towards encouraging students to participate in teamwork, critical thinking and creative problem solving by working on a challenge.
We started with the first challenge: Build a Bridge!
As you can see my son wasn’t too into this project, but he did eventually build his own bridge…unfortunately a 0/50 for teamwork for this guy today.
After several attempts from my 3yr old to ‘help’ her sister, she finally gave up as well. My 6yr old ended up finishing the project by herself:
- 10/10 points for a finished bridge
- 20/50 points for 4 weights held by bridge before collapsing!
- 20/20 points for creativity, (this was hard to judge, I mean she’s 6 and did it, so I think that’s pretty creative!)
- 5/20 points for teamwork, though it wasn’t her fault the team bailed!
- 20/20 points for extra credit work…okay, not in the challenge directions, but she went onto create a bridge as long as 52 cards would allow!