“One Another” Bible Study:

IMG_3262

After repeated attempts at telling my children to share, be kind, forgive, apologize, and on and on…I decided we needed to do a little study on how God says we are to treat each other. So I created our “One Another” wall.

Each day we found a verse where Jesus tells us how we are to treat one another. We put the words up on the wall for everyone to see, that way when we aren’t acting as we should, we can refer to it as reminder of how we should be treating each other.

Here’s the list of verses we used if you are interested. (There are so many to choose from in the Bible. I just found some that fit our needs and we’ll add to our wall as we go)

• Bina February 19, 2010 at 5:12 am

I love this idea! I am going to try to do the same at my house..we sure need it! Thanks for sharing!

• Darby February 19, 2010 at 1:12 pm

Thanks so much for this and all of the other great things you share on here! Your blog has been such a blessing to me, and my children!

• Life with Kaishon February 19, 2010 at 6:52 pm

What a wonderful visual lesson! LOVE it : ) Is it helping?

• Helen February 20, 2010 at 4:37 am

fantastic idea… something visual really puts the lesson across.thanks for sharinghelen

• Jess February 20, 2010 at 10:11 am

After today, we def. need this in our house and it is just not the children–Mommy needs it too! Where did you get the cute One Another Letters—very cute. Thanks for sharing.

• Confessions Of A Homeschooler February 20, 2010 at 10:55 am

Hi Jess, I got the letters at Lakeshore Learning, we have one locally, they have lots of different styles and colors to pick from! Life: Ya, its helping anyways! LOL!

• Joyce February 20, 2010 at 8:24 pm

Wow! Can you send me some of your energy! You must have a ton! This stuff is awesome…and right on time! I was just picking my friend's brain for games like these to keep my 4yr and 6yr busy learning without it being a bunch of worksheets:-( I want to do it all!! Thanks so much!

• DramaMama February 28, 2010 at 2:59 pm

Thanks for such an awesome blog! I love all your ideas! I can't keep up with them all. I really like the One Another idea. A couple days after you posted about it, a friend gave me Just for Kids, 31 Daily Devotions, Kindness. Each day includes a "Bible verse, brief story or lesson, kid friendly quotes from notable Christian thinkers, a tip and a prayer." And in the back of the book are Bible verses to memorize. We've been though a couple days last week and have enjoyed it. It was published in 2005 by Family Christian Press. I don't know where my friend got it from.Again, thanks again for a great Web site. I even used the Super Mom vs Abiding Mom last week for my moms's group at church. That was a hit too and many of the women included it in the craft we did that morning. (Mod Podged pictures and stuff onto clipboards.)

• Love and Lollipops May 27, 2010 at 1:34 pm

Wow Erica! Thank you for so much sharing! You have so many wonderful ideas and I really appreciate being able to download so many helpful activities. I am in awe as to how you do it all. Kindest regards,Georgia