Since I’ve posted several Mexican food recipes lately, I thought I would put up a wonderful recipe for Spanish Rice that a good friend gave to me.
- 1/4 c vegetable oil (enough to cover bottom of skillet)
- 1 c. long-grain white rice
- 1/4 c tomato sauce
- 2 1/2 c water
- 2 Tbsp Knorr chicken bouillon seasoning
- In 12 inch or larger skillet, heat oil. Add rice, stirring often until golden brown then stir in tomato sauce; add 2 1/2 cups of water and Knorr seasoning.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, cover and simmer about 20 minutes or until rice is tender and liquid has been absorbed. (Do not mix while simmering or rice will become sticky!)
- Let it rest for about 5 minutes before serving.