South African Apple Crumble
- 1/4 Cup Lemon Juice
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 3/4 Cup Flour
- 4 Cups Apples, peeled, cored, and sliced
- 1/2 tsp. Cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. Nutmeg
- dash salt
- 1/2 Cup Butter, softened
- 1 1/2 Cups grated cheddar cheese (I would skip this part if I make it again!)
1. Pre-heat oven to 350 Degrees.
2. Mound apples in a 9” buttered pie plate.
3. Sprinkle with lemon juice.
4. Combine dry ingredients and cut in butter.
5. Spread the mixture over the apples.
6. Top with cheese. (Quite frankly, I didn’t like this part, so I’d skip it and just have the crumble!)
7. Bake at 375 Degrees for 45 minutes or until top crust is golden.
8. Serve warm, I think vanilla ice cream is a nice addition to this ;o)
Click here to learn more about my Expedition Earth World Geography curriculum!