Well, I really should preface this recipe by saying it was NOT loved by all…except me…I ate almost the whole bowl…I know, not on my diet plan, don’t remind me! But in my defense, its deceptively healthy looking with all that broccoli!
That said, Sweet Broccoli Salad is apparently an acquired taste. And if my husband didn’t hate broccoli…and my kids didn’t hate onion…then maybe it would’ve gone over better, but I’m going to share this with you anyway for 2 reasons.
- Because its my blog and I can do what I want. Also because I have to come here to find my own recipes from time to time as they get lost in paper piles.
- Maybe…just maybe…there’s some of you out there who might find this tasty and I’d hate to take the risk of not sharing it! You can decide for yourself.
- 1 ½ -2 lbs. of raw broccoli
- 1 cup of craisins or raisins (I used craisins)
- 1 cup cashews
- ½ cup crumbled bacon bits
- ½ cup chopped red onions (I did a little less here)
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- ½ cup sugar (just heads up, if your salt and sugar are in similar containers, MAKE SURE TO GRAB THE ONE WITH SUGAR in it!…don’t ask…)
- 2 tsp. cider vinegar
Directions: Mix all the salad ingredients & refrigerate. Combine dressing ingredients and refrigerate about 30 minutes so sugar can dissolve. Mix both together just before serving.
I hope you enjoy this salad, its great to bring to a BBQ! And if not, well then…I don’t want to know ;o)
But if you do like it… make sure to leave a comment so I can show my husband that there are others out there like me. Who like Sweet Broccoli Salad. And are thankful for this recipe.