Alphabet Desk Mate

Looking for a handy visual alphabet reference for your students? I’ve created this for Tinker Bell so she has something on her desk that she can look at when working on her handwriting.

I’ve found that keeping something close by really helps in proper letter formation. If they can’t quite remember how a letter is formed, they can quickly glance at their desk mate alphabet strip and in the words of Tinker Bell….Voila’!

Soooo….I present the Manuscript Desk Mate:

deskmate

And just because I know there are a bunch of you working on Cursive…the Cursive Desk Mate:

deskmate_cur

And don’t worry, I didn’t forget all you D’Nealian fans out there either!

deskmate_den

The download includes all 3 fonts, and 2 sizes of each Alphabet Desk Mate, one 8×11 and one 18×4 so hopefully one of the sizes and fonts will work for your student!

Click here to download the Alphabet Desk Mate!

I hope this helps out your kiddos with their handwriting!

• Jennifer @ Milk & Honey Mommy November 2, 2011 at 12:09 am

Erica,

Thank you for this wonderful idea. I also appreciate that you included the cursive letters because I’m teaching my pre-K how to write in cursive first.

• Michelle November 2, 2011 at 1:45 am

I spent an hour looking for something EXACTLY like this a couple of weeks ago and never found it. Thank you for creating exactly what I was looking for!

• carisa November 2, 2011 at 1:54 am

WOW, this is GREAT!!! TYSM for sharing!!!

• Abby @ I Used To Have A Brain November 2, 2011 at 5:49 am

Thank You!! I have been wanting this very thing for my pre-k kids! Do you have a number line printable somewhere too?

• Kerri November 2, 2011 at 6:28 am

Thanks for creating these. I am using HWT and I don’t want to buy a pack of 20 or more for just 2 kids. Some of our print letters are different but it’s easy to modify! I don’t think there are any computer fonts that match them!

• Bekki November 2, 2011 at 6:50 am

You did it:). You always seem to know what we need!
    All of my boys love to reference their handwriting books when writing. My 6 year old just started to teach himself cursive. These strips will really help!!
    Have a fun, blessed school day!

• Dee S November 2, 2011 at 7:15 am

This is fabulous! Thanks for creating and sharing this!

• Evelyn November 2, 2011 at 7:25 am

This is perfect! Thank you so much for sharing. Have a wonderful day!

• Pam from Over the Big Moon November 2, 2011 at 7:31 am

These are GREAT! Thanks for creating and sharing!

• Mindy November 2, 2011 at 8:18 am

Love it!!!! I was looking for something like this awhile back and never found it. Thanks so much!!!!

1 2 3 4