Everyone was so excited about the last All About Learning Press $50 Gift Card to giveaway that we wanted to do another one for everyone this week! Yeah!
It’s no secret I H. E. A. R. T. All About Learning Press! I started using them last year for our phonics and spelling help and we’ve never looked back. Tinker Bell has just finished up All About Spelling Level 1 and All About Reading Level 1 this year, and is reading really well. She’ll be moving on to All About Spelling 2 next year, and hopefully All About Reading Level 2 when it comes out!
Why do I love All About Learning Press so much?
- It’s easy to do with no prep work on my part
- The phonics rules are reviewed often so kiddos remember them
- It’s a hands-on learning style that makes learning fun
- Results: I personally witnessed in overnight improvement in all of my children’s spelling and reading skills
- The kiddos love it. ‘Nuff said.
We rotate around how we do things, some days they use tiles, some days a white board, and some days my iPad chalkboard app. We’ve stamped words, said words orally, and something we lovingly refer to as Stair Phonics. I love the flexibility and effectiveness of this program, and my kids love how fun it is.
All About Spelling VS All About Reading:
I’ve had several questions regarding the difference between the All About Reading and All About Spelling products.
The Level 1 of both AAS and AAR have a similar scope and sequence. All About Reading will focus on decoding skills, fluency, comprehension, vocabulary, and will include lots and lots of reading practice, while All About Spelling focuses on the spelling side of things–how to know which letter to choose for a given sound. Both are complete phonics programs and use the same letter tiles.
All About Reading has lots and lots of fluency exercises that help strengthen reading skills. These can be helpful for a child who has already done AAS 1 but needs more practice to read smoothly. It’s fine to go quickly through some of the beginning lessons until you reach the lessons that are more challenging for a student.
Want more information? I wrote a review of it awhile back you can read my original All About Spelling Review here.
I have a $50 Gift Card for you to use on anything from All About Learning Press!
- Simply leave a comment below letting me know why you’d like to win!
Additional Optional Entries: (not required to win, leave a separate comment on this post for each additional entry)
- Like All About Learning Press on Facebook
- Follow All About Learning Press on Twitter
- Subscribe via email to Confessions of a Homeschooler or Subscribe via RSS to Confessions
- Follow Confessions on Twitter
- Tweet about this giveaway, feel free to copy the text below:
Win a $50 gift card from @LearningPress & @ericahomeschool! Enter thru 7/20/12! http://www.confessionsofahomeschooler.com/?p=9777
Giveaway Nitty Gritty:
- The give away will be open until midnight EST Friday July 20, 2012. Winner will be announced by Sunday July 22, 2012.
- No purchase necessary to win.
- Must be 18 years of age or older to enter.
- If prize winner forfeits or does not claim the prize, prize will be re-awarded at my sole discretion. You may be asked to provide name and address for physical prizes.
- Void where prohibited by law.
- Make sure to leave a separate comment for each entry, winner will be chosen at random!
- This giveaway is offered to US residents only!
- Odds of winning based on number of entries.
- This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook.
- NOTE: In order to enter the contest you must leave a comment on my blog post. To leave a comment scroll to the bottom of the post and fill in the “Speak Your Mind” form. (If you are reading this via RSS, you will need to visit my actual blog to post a comment.)
- Disclosure: All About Learning Press provided me with a free copy of their product to review on my blog. The opinions I have given are mine and may differ from others but were not influenced by the company or the free product provided.