Welcome to another day of Kids Summer Boredom Buster ideas! Today we’re making homemade bird feeders!
- 1-liter empty soda bottle
- 1 to 2 wooden spoons
- craft knife and marker
- small eye screw
- Bird seed
- Clean out the inside of the soda bottle with warm soap and water then allow to dry.
- Draw a 1/2 inch asterisk on the side of the bottle about 4 inches from the bottom.
- Draw a 1 inch asterisk on the opposite side of the bottle, again 4 inches from the bottom so the holes line up.
- Next use a craft knife to cut along the asterisk, on the 1/2 inch side. Then cut out the hole completely on the 1 inch side.
- Slide a wooden spoon through the holes sliding the handle through the large hold first, then through the asterisk side.
- Remove the bottle cap and twist a small eyelet screw into the top to hang it by.
- Finally fill the feeder with birdseed and hang on a tree in your back yard!
Finally, grab a cold drink and your favorite lawn chair then sit back and relax while watching your backyard birds!