Now that we’re getting into the heart of summer, I wanted to encourage my kiddos to do a little bit of summer journaling. So I made these cute pages to help inspire them!
–> Download My Journal here FREE! <–
Directions for use:
- Print pages back to back, then cut down the center to create a 5×8 journaling booklet. You can print as many copies of each page as you like, it’s totally up to you.
- Stack the pages together and have them coil bound at an office supply store.
- Encourage your students to journal about their experiences this summer!
I hope you enjoy this set of journaling pages.
And hopefully it makes your summer a little more enjoyable too! Keep reading for some fun journaling ideas…
Here are some journaling prompts to help get you started:
- What is your favorite summer thing to do and why?
- What is your favorite summer food and why?
- If you could cook your favorite meal, what would you cook? Describe how you would make and serve your meal.
- Write about your home and why you like it there.
- Go on a walk, then journal about your walk or what you encountered.
- What is your favorite outdoor game to play?
- Write about a new planet you’ve travelled to. What did you find there? Describe the environment.
- Think of a business you can start. Tell what you would name it, what the business is, how you would run it, etc.
- Tell about your favorite pet, or animal.
- Do you go camping in the summer? If so where do you go, and what is your favorite thing about camping.
- If you could invent the perfect summer candy, what would it be? Draw a picture, tell what it tastes like, and what it is called.
- What was your favorite summer movie?
- What is your favorite holiday, tell about how you celebrate?
- Write a poem about summer.
- Describe the process of making s’mores. Do you like them, why or why not?
- What is your favorite season and why?
- Who do you like to spend time with during summer and why? What do you do with this person?
- Imagine you are the parent for the day. Write about something fun you would do with your kids.
- If you could travel anywhere this summer, where would you go?
- What is your favorite way to keep cool in the summer and why?
- If you were 20 feet tall, what would your life be like and where would you live?
- What is your favorite number and why?
- If you could invent a new food, what would it be? Describe the taste, appearance, and give your new food a name.
- Tell about your favorite summer song.
- What is your favorite game to play at the swimming pool?
- Think about someone who loves you, write about things that person does to show you they love you.
- Try to remember a crazy dream you had this summer, write about your dream.
- If you found a magic wand, what would you do with it?
- What is your favorite summer sport and why?
- What is your favorite summer smell and why?
- What reminds you most of summer and why?
- Imagine you win $100,000, what would you do with it and why?
- Write a story about a fictional trip you wish you could take this summer.
- If you could have an unusual pet, what would it be and why?
- If you could have any superpower what would it be and how would you use it to make the world better?
- Write about one thing you are really good at and how you came to be good at it.
- If you were as tall as an ant, describe what your life would be like.
- OR…journal about whatever you feel like! After all, it’s your journal!
Do you have some fun journaling prompts to share? Make sure to leave a comment below to help inspire others!
P.S. I realize they’re a little girly, but don’t worry, I have a more manly version coming soon!