Daily Homeschool Schedule: 4th Grade
Hi everyone! Today I’m sharing Turbo’s 4th grade daily schedule with you. If you’ve missed my previous posts, you can see the ‘Daily Homeschool Schedule’ series here.
Turbo is currently 9 years old, and he’s in the 4th grade. He’s got a bit heavier load this year, but so far he’s doing well with it.
Here is our basic 4th Grade Schedule:
- 8:30am – Breakfast / Family Devotions
- 9:00am – Daily Learning Notebook
- 9:15am – Bible
- 9:30am – Math
- 10:30am – English
- 11:00am – Handwriting
- 11:20am – Reading
- 11:30am – Spelling
- 11:45am – Vocabulary
- 12:00 – Lunch/PE
- 1:00pm – History
- 1:30pm – Science
- 2:00pm – Typing/Music/Art/Piano (1x per week)
- 2:30pm – Literature
Download a copy:
We are currently doing Bible, History, Science, and Literature as a group which makes it a bit easier on me. Eventually I will have to split that up once the Teeny Tot gets a bit older, but for now this schedule is working for us.
Here is our 4th grade curriculum for the year:
- Art: World’s Greatest Artists 2 and See the Light Art DVDs
- Bible: Grapevine Studies, and Kay Arthur Discover 4 yourself
- Spelling: All About Spelling
- English/Grammar: Rod & Staff English 3 & 4 ( I was advised to use a grade level down since we’re just starting.)
- Reading: Abeka 4
- Math: Math U See Delta
- History: Abeka History (4th Grade – they’ll be doing it together)
- Literature: Classical Literature Units
- Music: World’s Greatest Composers Vol 1 (Continued from last year)
- Robotics: LEGO Education We’re using the Simple Mechanisms set this year.
- Science: Abeka Science, & some of my scientist units.
- P.E.: Family Time Fitness
- Piano: Piano is Easy (We’re starting with Teach Yourself Piano Step by Step)
- Handwriting: BJU Handwriting 4
- Typing: Typing Instructor (CD Version, each of them has their own login)
- Vocabulary: Wordly Wise 4 (This is our first year trying this so our thoughts on it are still TBD.)
- Writing: Write Shop Junior D (Turbo)
Have a scheduling tip to share? Make sure to leave a comment below!