DIY: Pumpkin Pie Soap Tutorial

Hello readers! Since we’re well into fall I thought it would be fun to share this simple and easy DIY pumpkin pie soap tutorial. This stuff smells so yummy, and it literally takes about 10 minutes to prepare!

diypumpkinpiesoap

So let’s get on with the video shall we? Click here for the Pumpkin Pie Soap Tutorial:

Ingredients:

pumpkinpiesoap3

Instructions:

Cut up about a 1/2 of a pound of Shea butter soap and place it in a microwave safe container.

pumpkinpiesoap2

Heat on high for 30 second increments until smooth stirring in between.

Once the mixture is smooth, add the pumpkin pie spice, red coloring, and yellow coloring and stir well.

pumpkinpiesoap1

Pour mixture into soap molds and let set for about 40 minutes. Once soap is firm, flip over mold and press gently to release.

Gift it!

pumpkinpiesoap4

I thought these would make really cute gifts for holidays, birthday’s, and the like. I simply wrapped two bars with some patterned cardstock, then tied raffia around the bars to secure.

I made these cute little printable soap labels and printed them on label paper. Then I placed it on the front of the bars.

printable_soap_tagspumpkin

Click the image above to download the pumpkin pie soap labels.

And that’s it! Easy as … pumpkin pie! ;o)

I hope you enjoy this tutorial. And keep your eyes out for my Christmas version, the peppermint swirl soap bars!

• Kelly November 19, 2014 at 5:01 am

Minus the red dye, this looks fabulous!!!!

• Karen November 19, 2014 at 6:36 am

What a fun Thanksgiving project to do over the holiday break! Please share where you purchased the colorant/brand? Also what type of label paper do you print the labels on? Thanks for sharing, can’t wait to make these for gift giving!

• erica November 20, 2014 at 2:32 pm

Hi Amber,
      There are online links to the items in the post, however I purchased all of my materials at Michael’s craft store. The labels were printed on full sheet label paper, and then cut out with a circle punch.

• Britni November 19, 2014 at 12:18 pm

These look sooo awesome! I’d love to give this a try. Thank you for this tutorial. Also, those labels are too cute!

• Samantha November 19, 2014 at 12:21 pm

So cute! Can’t wait to see the Christmas one!

• Amber November 19, 2014 at 10:29 pm

where do you get the shea butter soap block? These look beautiful!

• erica November 20, 2014 at 2:31 pm

Hi Amber,

• Amber November 22, 2014 at 6:28 pm

Hello. I think you made a typo…From watch your video and reading the directions….You put in the ingredients 1/2 lb of soap but in the video you actually used 1 lb of soap. The block is a 2lb block and you used half of it. I wrote down this recipe and gave it a try and something didn’t seem right. Till I came back to the website and watched the video I realized that I had done it wrong. I am hoping I can re-melt the ingredients and add more soap and pour into molds again.

• erica November 25, 2014 at 9:49 am

Hi Amber,
      you are correct, thank you for letting me know, I’ll update the post! It was 1/2 a block, which is 1 lb. And yes you should be able to re-melt the ingredients, I do it all the time when making certain shape soaps.

• Jen November 23, 2014 at 6:08 pm

These turned out great! My 5 year old had a good time helping me make these! We where able to omit the coloring. The spices left a nice brownish tint! Thanks for a great gift idea! Love this website:)

• Kathryn Garcia November 25, 2014 at 9:17 pm

THANK you!!! We made these today! I also used a turkey cookie cutter for one of them and it turned out cute! We cannot wait to pass these out for our Thanksgiving guests!

• Tracy December 3, 2014 at 3:10 pm

We made these, turned out great! Cute little gifts, my 7 year old loved making. Can’t wait for the peppermint recipe!

• tonya rebhahn January 31, 2017 at 8:28 am

great post, thanks for the printable!

1 2