First Grade Sight Word Search Worksheets
Hey everyone! I’ve had a few requests for more of my sight word search worksheets, so today I have a fun new freebie for you!
It’s the First Grade Sight Word Search worksheets. These activities are just another fun way to help your student identify and read each sight word. Keep reading to download this freebie, and see how we use these worksheets in our homeschool!
–> Download the First Grade Sight Word Search Worksheets <–
(Downloading: If you have troubles downloading, RIGHT click on the download link and select “SAVE LINK AS”. You will then be prompted to save the file to your computer.)
What’s Included in the First Grade List?
Included in this download are first grade level Dolche sight word search worksheets.
After, again, an, any, as, ask, by, could, every, fly, from, give, going, had, has, her, him, his, how, just, know, let, live, may, of, old, once, open, over, put, round, some, stop, take, thank, them, then, think, walk, were, when.
I have also included a blank sight word search sheet at the end so you can create your own word search as well!
How do you use the Sight Word Search worksheets?
There are several ways you can use these sheets. Here are a few ideas to help get you started:
Photo from a few years ago when my sweet baby Tinker Bell was in first grade! Isn’t she cute!
- Laminate them and use dry-erase markers to circle or put an “X” on the word
- Use highlighters to mark each word
- Use a fun colored crayon, marker, or pencil to circle the words
- Laminate and use dry-erase markers to complete the sheet (sheets can then be re-used)
- Use with do-a-dot markers
- Place sheet on a magnetic board and use pom-pom magnets, or colorful button magnets
- Mark words using cheerios, gold fish, M&Ms, raisins, or any other edible manipulative, then eat your completed sheet!
I hope you enjoy the First Grade Sight Word Search worksheets!
Want to see more of these? Let me know what grades you would like to see in the comments below!
Happy Word Hunting!
Is my Letter of the Week Preschool Curriculum a little too easy for your student? Are you ready for something a little more challenging? Then the K4 Curriculum is for you! The K4 Curriculum is geared towards kids ages 4-5 who are kindergarten ready and want a fun hands-on kindergarten curriculum. The K4 curriculum covers beginning reading and phonics skills as well as basic math addition, subtraction, and skip counting skills and more!