Tip Tuesday: How to Create Lesson Plans

Hey guys! I hope you’re enjoying my Tip Tuesday series. If you’re following along you know that last week we talked about how to choose homeschool curriculum, and this week I’m getting into the nitty gritty of how to take all of that curriculum and turn it into workable lesson plans for your homeschool year.

HS101_CreatingLessonPlans

So let’s get into it yeah?

I’ll show you how to create lesson plans step-by-step and more in my new How To Homeschool Masterclass! Click below to check it out! I’ll also be available to answer all of your unique questions in our own personal forum! Hope to see you there 🙂

To read more about creating lesson plans check out my blog posts below!

bookstoplans

Helpful Links:

I hope you enjoyed this post, and that it helps make your lesson planning less stressful! Remember my rule, keep it simple and get ‘er done!

Want to see more of my Tip Tuesday Videos? Make sure to click the image below to check out all of my homeschooling tips!

TipTuesday

I hope this helps some of you out, I know getting started can be overwhelming! I wrote a book called Homeschooling 101 that will help answer all of your questions on how to get started homeschooling, choosing curriculum, creating lesson plans, etc. For more information on homeschooling check out my Homeschooling 101: A guide to getting started!

clip_image001

• Stacey June 21, 2016 at 5:46 am

I would love to see the lesson planning video. The link is not working for me. Thank you!

• erica June 21, 2016 at 8:58 am

Sorry everyone! The video is fixed and working now!! 🙂

• Laura Robbins June 21, 2016 at 6:24 am

It’s not working for me either!

• Anita June 21, 2016 at 6:25 am

I am looking forward to your video, but youtube says the video is not available. 🙁

• Lizzie June 21, 2016 at 6:47 am

Same here for video

• Samantha June 21, 2016 at 8:01 am

It looks like the video wasn’t loaded to YouTube correctly.

• Elizabeth June 21, 2016 at 10:40 am

Thank You so much for sharing! This has got to be the best tip Tuesday so far, it was very detailed and will help me as I plan my school year.

• Angie June 21, 2016 at 11:11 am

Is there an option to print the children’s planner from homeschooltracker.com or is that something additional you created? Thanks!

• Angelica R Carmona June 21, 2016 at 12:02 pm

I’d thought the same thing. If that is an option, that is awesome!

• Becky June 21, 2016 at 9:33 pm

Yes I’m interested in knowing this too! I love that idea. I currently hand write that information every day which is really too much. Printing the whole thing out in advance is great! 🙂

• Amanda Burt June 23, 2016 at 4:18 am

Yes, I too would like to know which student planner did you show in your video. Also, when you purchase your planners, are they editable so that I can type the assignments prior to printing? Wonderful video, I have been planning half years myself and I still received more helpful tips from your video. Thank you so much!

• erica June 23, 2016 at 11:26 am

I print out a weekly agenda from the Homeschool Tracker software. I have a really old version, so I’m not certain if this report is in their newer versions or not.

• Riley Ussery June 21, 2016 at 1:11 pm

Great video! Thanks for all of the good information. What pens were you using on the planner? They were erasable correct? They looked awesome and would be something I would be interested in.

• erica June 23, 2016 at 11:33 am

They are called Frixion Erasable Pens and I usually buy them in a big packet off of Amazon.

• Marji June 21, 2016 at 6:35 pm

I might have missed this in the video, but could you explain your options day? Is that the same as your catch up day?

• erica June 23, 2016 at 11:32 am

I don’t think I’ve done a video on it, but we just go once a week to an options program that is run through our school district. They offer fun classes that we might not do at home, or things that are better to do in groups. We’ve done PE, art, science experiments, music, and foreign language. The older kids do a variety of things like speech/debate, game theory, cooking, creative writing, etc. The classes vary from year to year so they get a good variety. And it gives me a day off too 🙂

• Rachel June 26, 2016 at 8:50 pm

Thank you for the time you take with these amazing videos! This is great information and what a blessing you are to share this with others!!!

• erica June 28, 2016 at 3:34 pm

You’re welcome, thanks for watching and commenting! I am never sure if they’re helpful or not 🙂

1 2