2016-2017 Homeschool Supply Haul

Hi everyone! Today I’m sharing our 2016-2017 Homeschool Supply Haul with you.

TT_SchoolSupplyHaul

We have four children and this year we spent about $150 on supplies total. I usually average around $100-$150 on supplies including a few extra things that we have to purchase for their weekly options program. This year I ordered most of our supplies online, but I did pick up a few extras at a local store as well. I hope you enjoy this video!

Watch Tip Tuesday: Homeschool Supply Haul here!

Here are some links to products mentioned in the video, I think I found everything, let me know if I forgot anything!

(Disclosure: Links below are Amazon affiliate links, I do receive a small compensation if you purchase products from these links. So thank you for helping to support my blog!)

So that’s our homeschool supply list for this year. I didn’t have to buy any paper, binders, or file folders this year since we had plenty left over from previous years. Yay!
I hope these Tip Tuesday videos help encourage you, I know getting started can be overwhelming! If you have a suggestion for a Tip Tuesday video, make sure to leave a comment below!

I hope this video helped you out, feel free to email me if you have any questions you can also post a question on the COAH Community to see what other’s are using as well!

To keep up with our shenanigans, feel free to follow me:

Want to see more of my Tip Tuesday Videos? Make sure to click the image below to check out all of my homeschooling tips!

TipTuesday

Want more information? I wrote a book called Homeschooling 101 that will help answer all of your questions on how to get started homeschooling, choosing curriculum, creating lesson plans, etc. For more information on homeschooling check out my Homeschooling 101: A guide to getting started!

clip_image001

• Carol E. August 9, 2016 at 6:52 am

Erica,
    I am wondering what desk you put in your older daughters room. I need to buy a desk for my daughter who will be in 8th grade this year and I’m stuck as to which one to by. I love your work box desks and I see I can buy one at IKEA for a single student, but I don’e know if that is necessary for an older student. Also, I would love to see your daughters set up in her room. I love all of your supplies. I am inspired to go shopping.

• erica August 9, 2016 at 1:13 pm

Hi Carol,
      The desk in her room is just an Ikea Linnmon table top (24×47) and then the cheap white Ikea table legs. She also has the Vika Alex drawer unit holding up one side. It was initially for her sewing area, but she wanted it for her drawing stuff. So sometimes she’ll do school up in her room.

• Carol E. August 9, 2016 at 4:13 pm

• Lisa @ Real Kids Real Life August 9, 2016 at 7:23 am

Thanks Erica! I’m really enjoying your videos and was wondering where you got a couple specific products, so this is helpful.

• Ria August 9, 2016 at 8:10 am

Thanks Erica for the video! I will be shopping for our homeschool supplies soon so it helps to know what supplies are actually needed for homeschooling and which ones are just extra.

• Michelle August 9, 2016 at 11:09 am

Lot of fun goodies. I have leftovers as well. I love the caddy. I also have one… it sits in my scrapbook room full of scrappy tools and such. I found a silverware caddy for picnic/outdoor silverware and paper plates that I use for our pencils, markers, glue, etc.

• Leigh August 10, 2016 at 11:05 am

I also use an outdoor silverware caddy for pencils, markers, glue, etc. It was on clearance and works really well!

• Noel August 9, 2016 at 11:16 am

Thanks, Erica, for sharing this information. I bought one of the supply caddies a few years ago from Michaels crafts store (after watching a video you posted) and we keep paper clips and extra erasers in our mini pullout drawers. Some other items I purchase for back-to-school are toner cartridges and copy paper.

• erica August 9, 2016 at 1:12 pm

oh that’s a great idea!

• Lara Wutzke August 9, 2016 at 2:17 pm

I love the Frixion pens. I have seen them on your blog before, but I get the retractable ones. I don’t like lids that usually get lost, and I prefer to store pens/markers upside down or tip down. FYI, I heard a long time ago from a scrapbooking blog that markers and pens last longer with tips down. This makes sense with gravity pulling the ink the right direction to the tip instead of drying out. I am currently using the Pilot Frixion Clickers, but I am thinking about the Slim retractables, since they have more colors. All on Amazon also. Thanks for all the information that you share!!

• Michelle August 9, 2016 at 2:19 pm

I enjoyed this! My amazon list just got an update and my kids will be happy!

• Ashley August 9, 2016 at 5:56 pm

I loved the video! A couple questions, where do you get the erasable colored pencils? My daughter would LOVE that! Also, i just purchased your Road Trip USA and Expedition Earth curriculum, where is the cheapest place to print it out at?? Thanks! Your blog has been such a blessing to me and my family!

• erica August 11, 2016 at 9:55 pm

They’re just Crayola Erasable colored pencils, you can get them anywhere really 🙂

• erica August 11, 2016 at 9:56 pm

Oh sorry, I usually send people to http://www.bestvaluecopy.com for printing as they offer fairly inexpensive color printing 🙂

• Steven N Prince August 9, 2016 at 6:01 pm

Hoping you and your followers can help me.. with no other option..i must home school my 9 year old ( almost 10 ) 4th grade twin boys.. so many brands and makes of home school systems and courses..its overwhelming.. any advise , hints, will be greatly appreciated
    nomad18_4@yahoo.com many thanks..Steven, Hayden and Hunter

• erica August 11, 2016 at 9:56 pm

Hi Steven,
      I replied to your comment on my other post 😉

• Siobhan August 10, 2016 at 11:08 am

I wish you had written post or transcripts of your video’s because my internet is to slow to watch your video’s.

1 2