2017-2018 3rd Grade Homeschool Curriculum Picks

Hi friends! Today I’m sharing our 3rd Grade Homeschool Curriculum picks with you for the 2017-2018 school year.

If you’d like to see what my 3rd grader will be doing this year watch our 2016-2017 3rd Grade Homeschool Curriculum video here!

3rd Grade Curriculum:

Options: We participate in a once a week options program through our local school district. They offer a variety of classes that help supplement our homeschooling. It also provides the kids with a fun day where they get to see their friends and participate in a classroom environment. Here is a list of her classes this year:

• P.E.
  • Language Arts – We do this at home as well, but I’m finding that it’s a nice supplement to what we’re doing.
  • Science – They get to do fun things like experiments, dissection, electronics, and more.
  • Spanish
  • Music – Choir and basic instruments.
  • Art

And that’s it for our 3rd grade curriculum line up this year! I’ll try to do a mid-year update to let you all know how it’s going. We’re trying some new curriculum this year, so that’s always exciting!

Click here to see a sample of our 3rd Grade Daily Homeschool Schedule!

3rdgradeSchedule_2015

–>> Check out our Homeschool Room Tour here!

Popular products we add in for fun:

Homeschool Organization Masterclass

Need help getting your household and your homeschool organized and flowing smoothly? Check out my new Homeschool Organization Masterclass!

Through this series I’ll be there every step of the way to help guide you through the process of organizing your home and maximizing your time so you can get everything done while still having time to enjoy your family in the process.

Together we’ll make your homeschooling journey fun and inspiring!

HSOrganization_Storebutton[6]

Want to see more of my Tip Tuesday Videos? Make sure to click the image below to check out all of my homeschooling tips!

TipTuesday

I hope this helps some of you out, I know getting started can be overwhelming! I wrote a book called Homeschooling 101 that will help answer all of your questions on how to get started homeschooling, choosing curriculum, creating lesson plans, etc. For more information on homeschooling check out my Homeschooling 101: A guide to getting started!

clip_image001

Disclosure: Some of the links above are affiliate links. I may receive a small percentage if you purchase items through my link, so thank you for helping to support my blog! That said, I do NOT recommend anything that we do not use in our homeschool.

• Angie August 22, 2017 at 1:41 pm

Since several of your kids are using the typing program did you sign up as a teacher? Or just as individual students?

• erica August 23, 2017 at 10:21 am

I created a teacher account and then added my kids as students. Then they log in to do their lessons and I can log in as the teacher to check progress.

• Jean Winstead August 23, 2017 at 9:15 pm

Wow, it’s amazing to teach your children at home with so many curriculum picks! I believe you will be a good teacher, keep it up!

• Carissa Rasouli August 24, 2017 at 6:39 pm

Are you no longer using Vocabulary Workshop?? Just curious!!

• erica August 25, 2017 at 10:08 am

Nope! We’re just using the vocab in the Fix It! Grammar. There is one word per day, sometimes more for the higher grades. But we found it to be sufficient 🙂

• Mama S. August 31, 2017 at 1:56 pm

Hi Erica! How do you handle the transition times in between subjects? I feel like it takes a really long time for my 3rd grader to shift between subjects and by the time we start our actual lesson, we have already used 10-15 minutes of the time scheduled. That puts us behind in our next subject and before I know it, we have to skip something because we are so far behind in our schedule.

• erica September 8, 2017 at 12:32 pm

Hi,
      It may just be a learning curve and you’ll have to get into a groove that works for you. We don’t really have any transition between them ending one thing and just starting the next thing. I think the workbox type system we use helps that because they can easily move on to their next drawer without waiting for me. That said, sometimes people get “distracted” between subjects 🙂 And I just kindly remind them to move on to their next task.

• April Logan September 13, 2017 at 3:55 pm

I see in history yours is mostly reading.. I am new to this and wondering how do you grade that???

• erica September 14, 2017 at 12:56 pm

Hi April,
      The history we are doing this year doesn’t really have a lot of tests/quizzes. I grade them on the projects we do and then they get a grade for doing the reading each day. The Story of the World has an activity book that comes with it, so they get grades on those worksheets as well.