Updated Sewing Room Tour–New Floors!

We recently ripped out all of the carpet on our main floor and put in Hardwood Flooring. And since I’ve had a ton of requests for an updated sewing/quilting room tour, so that’s what we’re doing today!

And yes, the birdies are still living in here keeping me company while I sew. Let’s check it out!

Watch my Updated Sewing Quilting Room Tour video here!

Links to my storage shelves and desk set up!

• Kallax shelving unit (I have a 2×4 unit, and a 5×5 unit. I‘m sorry, they don’t offer the 5×5 unit anymore, the largest you can get is a 4×4 unit.)
  • Linnmon Table Top (78 3/4” x 23 5/8” mat white table tops – I put two table tops together as shown in the video)
  • Adils table Legs (I purchased 8 of the white ones. Three on each end and two in the center for stability.)

Links to products mentioned in the video, along with some of my favorite sewing notions:

I hope you enjoyed my sewing room tour!

If you just started quilting or sewing, check out my How to Quilt Series!

• Kristina in GA June 4, 2018 at 8:48 am

Looks great! Seeing all of the fabric in organized in the cubbies makes me smile- it’s so satisfying and pretty to look at. Great job organizing. 🙂

• Kathleen Rackow June 4, 2018 at 4:50 pm

Thank you Erica for the tour of your sewing room. You did a really great job organizing it. I think you should put your computer in the sewing room so you can either listen to a movie or some really great music. I think that is so relaxing.

• Tracy Springfield June 8, 2018 at 8:37 am

I noticed you have your yardage folded with cards in it. Are the cards for stability or do you write how much of the fabric is on there? I love your sewing room. Thanks for sharing it with us.

• erica June 8, 2018 at 9:10 am

They’re for stability, they’re inexpensive Comic Book Boards and work great! You can get them here: https://amzn.to/2sPdGT5

• Flyingkids June 11, 2018 at 8:23 am

This sewing room is fantastic. Thanks for letting us take a look inside.

• Sarah Kohnert June 14, 2018 at 12:13 pm

Hello. A few years ago I purchased Greatest Artists Vol. 1 and Vol 2. Finally, this summer I am ready to print both of them but can only find Vol. 2 on my computer. If you keep records of who purchased what and could verify and resend me Greatest Artists Vol. 1 that would be wonderful! Thank you so much, Sarah

• erica June 20, 2018 at 1:07 pm

Hi Sarah, we do, just send me an email and I’ll be happy to see when your order was. I tried looking up this email and didn’t see any orders.

• Cindy June 16, 2018 at 1:39 pm

Wow, what a beautiful sewing room!!! What paint color did you use on the walls?

• erica June 20, 2018 at 1:04 pm

It’s called Traditional Tan, it was whatever the builders used 🙂 We only had like three paint choices and so I got the most neutral one!

• Mary July 6, 2018 at 7:01 am

Congratulations on your new sewing room! Wish I had that much natural light. I’m moving my current quilt room to a larger area, however it has only one window! I’m going to lighten up the room with white enamel trim, and white 2” blinds. My kids had the room accented in black! A holdover from their teen years…many years ago!! LOL I have a 7’x7’ design wall. I really enjoy The larger size. I set my tv on top of a vertical 2×4 cubby shelf. You could always hang a small tv on the wall too! Enjoy your space!

• erica July 9, 2018 at 10:19 am

Sounds like a great room!! If you have time, I’d love to see some pics 🙂