2018-2019 9th Grade Homeschool Curriculum

Hi everyone! Today I’m sharing my 9th grade homeschool curriculum picks with you!

Since last year went well with my older daughter, I plan to do much of the same with my son this year. He’ll be doing a few online classes, as well as a few that I’ll be teaching. I like to mix it up like that to give him a bit more independence and free up some of my time to spend with my youngest since she’ll be needing a lot of my time this year.

Let’s see what my 9th grader is doing this year!

Watch my 2018-2019 9th Grade Homeschool Curriculum video here!

Download a SAMPLE 9th Grade Homeschool Daily Schedule here:

daily_schedule_9thPromo

2018_19_9thgradecurriculum2

Here are our 9th Grade Homeschool Curriculum choices for this year:

Options: We participate in a once a week options program through our local school district. They offer a variety of classes that help supplement our homeschooling. It also provides the kids with a fun day where they get to see their friends and participate in a classroom environment. Here is a list of his classes this year:

• PE
  • Computer Science
  • Drawing
  • Instruments
  • CSI Myth Busters

And that’s it for our 9th grade curriculum line up this year! I’ll try to do a mid-year update to let you all know how it’s going. We’re trying some new curriculum this year, so that’s always exciting!

Check out our Homeschool Room Tour here!

2018HSRoomTour1

Need Help Getting Started?

Check out my new HOW TO HOMESCHOOL eCourse! In this course you will learn everything you need to know to be able to homeschool your children and have your BEST HOMESCHOOLING year yet!

eCourse_HTHJoinMe3[3]

Happy Back-to-School!

• Tanya August 28, 2018 at 12:15 pm

How do you like the BJU science and Spanish??

• erica August 28, 2018 at 2:18 pm

So far so good, it’s a bit heavier work load, but we’re doing well with it for now.

• Kristina in GA August 28, 2018 at 5:16 pm

Thanks for putting these curriculum videos together. I’m getting a lot of great ideas/tips for when my oldest starts 9th next year!

• Heidi August 29, 2018 at 10:06 am

Looks like a good plan. We never used BJU but glad that it’s working for you.

• Ashley Wright August 30, 2018 at 11:06 pm

Thank you for such a great blog!! I was in search of curriculum for grade 9 and I found this blog, thanks for sharing with us this would help in making curriculum and schedule for my children

• Lindsay October 24, 2018 at 1:58 pm

So, its almost November! How is your 9th grader doing with the BJU online science? How much time is he spending on it daily? So curious about this because science is one of the hardest for me to teach!

• erica October 31, 2018 at 3:15 pm

I’m not going to lie, science is probably his hardest subject this year. I prefer to have it done with the online program though as I don’t feel comfortable teaching it. But it is a difficult class. He spends at least an hour/day on it, not counting study time at night. There are a lot of tests and quizzes in this curriculum as well.