Happy 7th Birthday My Sweet Boy!

IMG_2491WEB

I can’t believe you are 7 years old today, this very minute! It seems like just yesterday I was holding a 5 pound sweet baby boy in my arms! And today, you are such an awesome blessing to our family. You’re a wonderful brother and just an awesome dude in general.

You’re laugh is contagious, and I love that even at 7 years old you’re still willing to cuddle with your mama. I’m so thankful that God has blessed us with your presence, I can’t imagine a more perfect fit for our family.

My favorite gift for you this year was the book your big sister gave you. “The Story of You”….she read it to you after everyone left and I have to say that I had a tear in my eye. She commended you for being the best brother ever and talked about how great you are at everything you do! And she’s right!

IMG_2491bWEB

We couldn’t love you more!

And don’t worry sweet baby, despite what your daddy says, you’re welcome to live with us forever ;o)

Love your Mama.

P.S. Yes, I did make your cake…yes it did take awhile…and yes it was fairly complicated…and no, you can’t have a Star Wars Lego Ship cake next year.

• Cassie June 9, 2011 at 4:37 pm

That is a really cool cake!!

• Wonder Mom June 9, 2011 at 6:10 pm

Happy Birthday to one cool little dude!(Oh, and I must put this out there- my middle daughter turns 7 in July- if you are a believer in arranged marriages, I am sure we could work something out…hee! hee!) :0)

• Mama Teaching 3 June 9, 2011 at 7:04 pm

Oh my how sweet! Happy birthday.

• Samantha June 9, 2011 at 8:25 pm

So sweet! Our oldest child a girl just turned 7 last month:-) Had to laugh at your comment on living with you forever. Mommas and their boys. My middle boy turned 5 last month and I love I can always get a good cuddle from him. They grow so fast! Hope you all enjoyed your day of celebration. Children a gift from the Lord!

• Chareen June 10, 2011 at 1:26 am

That is the neatest cake ever ! Happy Birthday to the birthday boy !

• Rebecca June 10, 2011 at 2:40 am

I LOVE the cake! My little guy has a bday on June 9…as does my brother….big day!Such a sweet post…bittersweet days watching our little ones grow….You are raising a wonderful man to be!!!Blessings!

• Giggly Girls June 10, 2011 at 8:38 am

Happy Birthday to your little guy! Awesome cake!!I tend to get myself in trouble with complicated cakes too. If you're ever in need of an iPod cake let me know. Easiest one I ever made. LOL

• Belledancr - becky June 11, 2011 at 1:26 am

Happy Birthday to your son!!!You did a wonderful job on the cake!!!!

• ~Amanda June 11, 2011 at 3:49 am

Happy birthday to your sweet boy! Amazing how fast they grow. You did a great job on that cake – awesome.I was a little awed at the 5 pound baby…so tiny! So far, my smallest, yes, smallest, was 8 pound 3 oz…