A friend made this for us at a scrapbooking retreat once, and I LOVE LOVE LOVED it! I made some this week and decided to share it with you all, luckily I took a picture first because as soon as I walked away it was gone!
Really you can use any fruit you like, this is what I use…
- 2 kiwis, peeled and diced
- 2 apples – peeled, cored and diced – (I like Pink Ladies or Lady Alice)
- 8 ounces raspberries
- 1 pound strawberries
- 1/2 cantaloupe diced
- 1 tablespoon white sugar (Can be omitted)
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar (Can substitute with sucanat)
- 3 tablespoons fruit preserves, any flavor
Tip: I use my Pampered Chef chopper to dice all the fruit, makes it much more ‘salsa-ish’ …if that’s a word, and yes, I do homeschool.
- 10 (10 inch) flour tortillas
- butter flavored cooking spray (Can spray with water, but not as yummy!)
- 1/2 cup cinnamon sugar (Amount is flexible, I just sprinkle it over the chips)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a large bowl, thoroughly mix all fruit, white sugar, brown sugar and fruit preserves. Cover and chill in the refrigerator at least 15 minutes.
- Coat one side of each flour tortilla with butter flavored cooking spray. Cut into wedges and arrange in a single layer on a large baking sheet. Sprinkle wedges with desired amount of cinnamon sugar. Spray again with cooking spray.
- Bake in the preheated oven 8 to 10 minutes. Repeat with any remaining tortilla wedges. Allow to cool approximately 15 minutes. Serve with chilled fruit mixture.
- Take a few bites for yourself before you call in the crew, well, unless you don’t want any ;o)