I’m sooo excited to be able to offer this giveaway to you today! Lisa Whelchel is one of my favorite childhood stars and authors! As you’ve probably read before, we absolutely LOVE her book The ADVENTure of Christmas!
This book is so much fun! It contains 25 activities that bring our holiday back to its true meaning: Jesus! It’s perfect for Advent, or as fun activities during the Christmas season! Here’s what Lisa says about her book…
“Redeeming the Meaning of Christmas… Have you discovered that Jesus sometimes gets lost in the middle of the hustle and bustle of His birthday party? Would you like to be able keep your children’s focus on Jesus and be able to join them in the wonder of the celebration?”
The ADVENTure of Christmas recaptures the delightful essence of this beloved season, giving reasons to joyfully celebrate for years to come.
Just so you know what you’re getting, here are some activities covered in the book:
- Advent Wreath
- The Christmas Tree
- Lights on the Tree
- Ornaments on the Tree
- The candy cane
- The Star
- Christmas Greetings
- Outdoor lights
- The colors of Christmas
- Christmas Cards
- The 12 Days of Christmas
- Wrapping Gifts
- Giving Gifts
- Santa Claus (Who he really was!)
- Nativity Scenes
- The Wise Men
- December 25th
- Opening Presents
- Christmas Dinner
- The Christmas Story
Click here to see more of Lisa’s Books, I recommend her highly!
Sooo…wanna win your own copy?
NOTE: To enter to win, you MUST leave a comment on THIS post. To do that, scroll to the bottom of the post and click “post a comment”.
Lisa has generously offered a FREE copy of The ADVENTure of Christmas to one of you! And best of all it’s autographed by Lisa herself! Here are the details…
Mandatory Entry for Giveaway:
- Visit Lisa’s website then come back here and leave a comment letting me know what your favorite book is!
Additional Optional Entries:
- Become a fan of Confessions of a Homeschooler on FB
- Follow Confessions of a Homeschooler on Twitter
- Subscribe via email to Confessions of a Homeschooler
- Tweet or blog about this giveaway, make sure to leave a comment here with your tweet or post!
(Yes, you can enter if you already follow or subscribe :o) )
- The give away will be open until midnight EST Friday November 26, 2010. Winner will be announced by Sunday November 28, 2010.
- Make sure to leave a separate comment for each entry, winner will be chosen at random!
- Please leave a way for me to contact you in your entry otherwise another winner will be chosen.
- NOTE: This giveaway is offered to US residents only.
- This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook.
Disclosure: Lisa generously offered a free book for a giveaway to one of my readers! The opinions I have given are mine and may differ from others but were not influenced by the company.
I follow you on FB!
I LOVE your newsletter and have recommended it to all my mommy friends!
I just wanted to add that this book is really great. I have a copy and highly recommend it. So, if you didn’t win it, buy it! I know it is on sale for only $8 on amazon right now and it’s worth it.