Okay, since I’ve posted on all of my kid’s birthdays, I felt like I should post on my own. Now, I’m definitely not telling you all which birthday it is, but let’s just say it’s a big one and I’m trying to avoid it. ‘Nuff said.
But, in attempt to be a good sport, I thought I’d share some things about myself that you might not know, so here goes:
1. I’d give up chocolate, but I’m no quitter!
2. I never thought I’d homeschool…as a matter of fact, I think the words “I’d NEVER homeschool” actually came out of my mouth at one point.
3. I swore I’d never drive a mini-van (Ahem, did any of you participate in last year’s Mini-Van Express with us?)
4. I swore I’d never marry anyone younger than me or from my hometown. (Let me introduce my wonderful husband, who happens to be 5 yrs younger than me and, yep, you guessed it from my hometown! We actually went to the same high school, but due to the age difference we never met. And don’t think I can’t hear you laughing because I can.)
5. I’m deathly afraid of rattlesnakes (and we’ve killed 5 since living here! I now have what we lovingly refer to as “Mom’s snake shovel” and all my kids have “snake boots” to wear outside!)
6. I’m Italian! (I know, the blonde hair throws everyone)
7. Okay fine, I’m not really blonde ;o) See, it all makes sense now!
8. I swore I’d never wear bell-bottoms…let’s just say my Dad laughed hysterically the day I walked in with “boot cut” jeans. Clearly they’re a totally different style!
9. I told my grandpa that I would never get married or have kids. (I think my blog and the 4 kids at the top kind of answers what happened with that plan.)
And #10: Prior to last year, I tried starting a blog a few times but could never keep up with it! So if you’ve learned nothing from me yet, I say this:
Never say Never!
Many are the plans in a person’s heart, but it is the LORD’s purpose that prevails.
Happy Happy Birthday To You!!!What a beautiful family you have to celebrate this great day with.Thank you for your blog,it is an inspriation. It encourages me to keep going and strive to do better. I look forward to reading it everyday. You are very blessed in communicating your creativity, ideas, and "how to's" with the public.Thank so much for sharing your life with us.Be Blessed On Your Birthday!
Belated Happy Birthday !! I hope you had fun !!
belated happy birthday! you are such a blessing to me.. and my family! we love what you are doing and sharing with us… check out a post we made http://www.mommyjourney.com/2010/11/our-earth-expedition.htmlbelated happy birthday! much love from the philippines…
I'm sorry that I'm late…. but wanted to send you belated Birthday Wishes! I enjoy reading your blog!
What a blessing!! I don't ever comment, but I read your blog all the time and link to it from MY home schooling blog. I am very much at the beginning of our journey, and your faithfulness and hard work on this blog is one thing getting me through our first year!! Thank you and happy birthday! 🙂
Happy Birthday! I have also learned to never say never! It always comes back to bite me, LOL!
Your family is so beautiful! Thanks for sharing! Your blog is very encouraging!
oh and Happy Birthday! LOL!