Okay, since I’ve posted on all of my kid’s birthdays, I felt like I should post on my own. Now, I’m definitely not telling you all which birthday it is, but let’s just say it’s a big one and I’m trying to avoid it. ‘Nuff said.
But, in attempt to be a good sport, I thought I’d share some things about myself that you might not know, so here goes:
1. I’d give up chocolate, but I’m no quitter!
2. I never thought I’d homeschool…as a matter of fact, I think the words “I’d NEVER homeschool” actually came out of my mouth at one point.
3. I swore I’d never drive a mini-van (Ahem, did any of you participate in last year’s Mini-Van Express with us?)
4. I swore I’d never marry anyone younger than me or from my hometown. (Let me introduce my wonderful husband, who happens to be 5 yrs younger than me and, yep, you guessed it from my hometown! We actually went to the same high school, but due to the age difference we never met. And don’t think I can’t hear you laughing because I can.)
5. I’m deathly afraid of rattlesnakes (and we’ve killed 5 since living here! I now have what we lovingly refer to as “Mom’s snake shovel” and all my kids have “snake boots” to wear outside!)
6. I’m Italian! (I know, the blonde hair throws everyone)
7. Okay fine, I’m not really blonde ;o) See, it all makes sense now!
8. I swore I’d never wear bell-bottoms…let’s just say my Dad laughed hysterically the day I walked in with “boot cut” jeans. Clearly they’re a totally different style!
9. I told my grandpa that I would never get married or have kids. (I think my blog and the 4 kids at the top kind of answers what happened with that plan.)
And #10: Prior to last year, I tried starting a blog a few times but could never keep up with it! So if you’ve learned nothing from me yet, I say this:
Never say Never!
Many are the plans in a person’s heart, but it is the LORD’s purpose that prevails.
Happy Birthday to you!Indeed, we should not say Never, because we don't know what morrow may bring :)btw, my husband is also younger than me 🙂 if that is a consolation 🙂
Happy Birthday, I am with you on the top 3:). Glad you didn't quit on the blogging I love reading your blog
What a neat idea. Happy Blessed Birthday! I understand not staying with blogging do to Have crazy kids, house, husband, errands etc. But I am really trying to post more so others can see why I home school and do the things I do. I am not as creative with words but PICTURES help! And I know you know what I mean. * WINK WINK * Hope you have an awesome day as well as an beautiful week!
What a sweet post. Thank you for sharing and Happy Birthday.
Happy Birthday! Hope you have a blessed day. I share a few of your never say never, especially the homeschooling one.
Happy Birthday! I was never going to marry someone younger than me either – my husband is four years younger than me 🙂
Happy Brithday!! I just found your blog last week. It's already one of my favorites.
Happy Birthday! What a fun post!!
happy birthday erica . you have been a great inspiration to me as a mum and homeschooler . thanks . love and God's blessings to you and your family. Viv
Happy Birthday! You are so terific and I love your blog! I have said many of these same things as you – and I planned to never get married, I have a younger husband, drive a mini-van, homeschool, and (ahem) color my hair! (or else I'd be mostly gray – probably from the homeschooling LOL)I hope you had an awesome day!!