I’m back with another video in my How to Quilt series. I hope you’re enjoying these posts! Today I’ll be showing you how to Table Baste your quilt top and get it all ready for quilting!
There are several ways to baste a quilt top, but today I’m going to show you how to spray baste on your table or kitchen island. This is my favorite method so far! I’ve also done a video on how to baste your quilt on the floor, but as I have gotten older, the floor method wreaks havoc on my knees and back. So I’ve come up with a new way that is easier on my body, and works great!
Watch Quilting 101: How to Table Baste a Quilt
I hope you enjoyed that video and that it helps you out in your quilting journey!
If you just tuned in, here are some more videos in my How to Quilt Series!
- Quilting Supplies: What do you need to get started?
- How to Choose a Sewing Machine
- How to Choose Fabric
- How to Cut Fabric
- How to Piece a Quilt Top
- How to Press Fabric
- How to Square a Quilt Top
- How to Bind a Quilt
- How to Wash a Quilt
- How to Clean your Iron
- Free Motion Quilting
- Straight Line Quilting
Here are a few more of my Quilting Tutorials online if you’re just getting started:
- Sherbet Stars Quilt Tutorial
- Pink Pig Rag Quilt Tutorial
- DIY Tic-Tac-Toe Board Game (*Great for learning beginning skills!)
- Patchwork Book Cover
- Quilt-as-you-go Book Cover
- Kids Pillow with Pocket
- How to Applique’ Basics (Don’t worry it’s super easy!)
- Thread Catcher Tutorial