Good morning! Do you get nasty brown gunk on the bottom of your iron? Worried it might come off and stain your fabric? Before you toss out that old iron and buy a new one, I wanted to share a quick and easy method for cleaning your iron and making it look new again!
You will need:
- 1 Mr. Clean Magic Eraser
- Distilled White Vinegar
- Old towel
- 1 dirty iron (I have a Panasonic Cordless NI-WL600 and love it! You can see a video on my iron and fabric pressing tips here.)
Watch my video on How to Clean Your Iron here!
To clean the iron face:
- Wet a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser and rub it on your iron face to remove tough brown stains.
To clean the iron steam holes:
- Pour a mixture of 1/2 water and 1/2 white vinegar into your iron water reservoir and press your steam button to clean out the steam holes. Continue steaming the old towel until the steam holes are cleaned out.
And that’s it! Super easy and it only take about 5 minutes to get your iron cleaned up and looking like new!
Have a tip to share or a video suggestion? Make sure to leave a comment below!
If you just tuned in, here are more videos in my How to Quilt Series!
- Quilting Supplies: What do you need to get started?
- How to Choose a Sewing Machine
- How to Choose Fabric
- How to Cut Fabric
- How to Piece a Quilt Top
- How to Press Fabric
- How to Baste a Quilt
- How to Straight Line Quilt
- How to Free Motion Quilt
- How to Bind a Quilt (Machine and Hand!)
- How to Wash a Quilt
- Zipper Pouch Tutorial
- Boxed Zipper Pouch Tutorial
Here are a few more of my Sewing Tutorials online if you’re just getting started:
- Sherbet Stars Quilt Tutorial
- Pink Pig Rag Quilt Tutorial
- DIY Tic-Tac-Toe Board Game (*Great for learning beginning skills!)
- Patchwork Book Cover
- Quilt-as-you-go Book Cover
- Kids Pillow with Pocket
- How to Applique’ Basics (Don’t worry it’s super easy!)
- Thread Catcher Tutorial
To keep up with our shenanigans, feel free to follow me: