Hi friends! Today I’ll be showing you how to wash a quilt! There are several ways to go about washing your quilts, but today I’m just going to show you how I like to do it to help prevent any damage or bleeding of fabrics or thread.
Products I recommend:
- Dreft Detergent or Woolite detergent (Anything meant for delicate fabric is great!)
- Shout Color Catchers (I’m sure any brand will work, but I have only used these.)
I hope you enjoyed that video and that it helps you out in your quilting journey!
If you just tuned in, here are more videos in my How to Quilt Series!
- Quilting Supplies: What do you need to get started?
- How to Choose a Sewing Machine
- How to Choose Fabric
- How to Cut Fabric
- How to Piece a Quilt Top
- How to Press Fabric
- How to Baste a Quilt
- How to Straight Line Quilt
- How to Free Motion Quilt
- How to Bind a Quilt (Machine and Hand!)
- Zipper Pouch Tutorial
- Boxed Zipper Pouch Tutorial
Here are a few more of my Quilting Tutorials online if you’re just getting started:
- Sherbet Stars Quilt Tutorial
- Pink Pig Rag Quilt Tutorial
- DIY Tic-Tac-Toe Board Game (*Great for learning beginning skills!)
- Patchwork Book Cover
- Quilt-as-you-go Book Cover
- Kids Pillow with Pocket
- How to Applique’ Basics (Don’t worry it’s super easy!)
- Thread Catcher Tutorial
To keep up with our shenanigans, feel free to follow me:
And don’t forget to follow Fat Quarter Shop’s social media to keep up with all of their fun projects!
Fat Quarter Shop is giving away Holiday Wishes by Sherri Falls to one of you! Enter below!
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. The giveaway for this video is sponsored by Fat Quarter Shop. The opinions expressed in my video are mine, and were not influenced by the company or product provided.