Hi everyone! I’ve had a ton of requests for a Jelly Roll Rug tutorial and so I’ve partnered with Roma Quilts to bring you this fun and easy tutorial along with my tips for sewing the Jelly Roll Rug!
Watch my Jelly Roll Rug Tutorial here!
I used 1 Full Jelly Roll and the finished size was approx. 29″ x 44″. But you can use more or less strips depending on what size you want your rug! This pattern is super customizable 🙂
- Jelly Roll Rug Pattern by Roma Quilts
- Jelly Roll of your choice!
- 16/100 Denim Needle
- Fusible Fleece or Quilt Batting
- 50wt Aurifil Thread ( Doesn’t have to be Aurifil, but I wouldn’t use a lighter weight thread)
- Panasonic Cordless Iron (Or any steam iron!)
- Optional: Best Press Starch (This can help with reduce waves!)
- Optional: Wonder Clips
- Optional: Walking Foot for your brand machine if you have one (I didn’t use one, and so I think you can get away without one, but if you have it, why not use it right?)
- Gingher Scissors
- Olfa Rotary Cutter
My Sewing Machines:
Note: I’ve had so many questions about the quilt on the wall behind me! The barn blocks are from Lori Holt’s Farm Girl Vintage book, and the baby pig, cow, and cat blocks are Lori Holt as well and can be purchased from Fat Quarter Shop.