Hi friends! Today I’m sharing my tips for how to do straight line quilting on a quilt. I’ll be showing you how to what supplies you need as well as some of my helpful tips for marking your designs and trying something new! I hope this helps you out! So let’s get started!
For this tutorial you will need some batting, some scrap fabric , a ruler, a marking tool, and a walking foot for your sewing machine. You can also straight line quilt with a regular sewing foot, I just suggest going a bit slower so your fabric doesn’t shift.
- Quilting Supplies: What do you need to get started?
- How to Choose a Sewing Machine
- How to Choose Fabric
- How to Cut Fabric
- How to Piece a Quilt Top
- How to Press Fabric
- How to Baste a Quilt
Here are a few more of my Quilting Tutorials online if you’re just getting started:
- Sherbet Stars Quilt Tutorial
- Pink Pig Rag Quilt Tutorial
- DIY Tic-Tac-Toe Board Game (*Great for learning beginning skills!)
- Patchwork Book Cover
- Quilt-as-you-go Book Cover
- Kids Pillow with Pocket
- How to Applique’ Basics (Don’t worry it’s super easy!)
- Thread Catcher Tutorial
- Zipper Pouch Tutorial
- Boxed Zipper Pouch Tutorial
To keep up with our shenanigans, feel free to follow me:
And don’t forget to follow Fat Quarter Shop’s social media to keep up with all of their fun projects!
Fat Quarter Shop is giving away a free 3-1/2” x 12-1/2” Creative Grids Ruler to one of you! Enter below!