Introduction to Geography
We had a great introduction to Geography week!
Some of the things we learned about:
- Hello to All The Children of the World song
- Prayed for lost souls of the world
- Read: Maps and Globes by Jack Knowllton
- Learned about the earth, animals, and cycles of nature
- Made a paper Mache’ globe
- Memorized the continents and oceans
- Issued Passports for our Journey
- Discussed Matthew 28:18-20 ―All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.
Here are some of the activities we managed to get pictures of:
We always start each day with the Pledge of Allegiance and thank God for our country.
Learning about maps and globes:
We learned the names of the countries and oceans and played the Geography Hopscotch Game from Spell Out Loud:
Of course we made our paper Mache’ Earth, by the way, this is really more of an “outside” activity in case any of you were getting ready to try it! I’ll post more details of this craft later on.
We sang our “Hello to all the children of the world” song. This one was so fun, I can’t get it out of my head… “Hello, Bonjour, Buenos dias…G’Day, Guten Tag, Konnichiwa…Ciao, Shalom, Dobre Dyen….Hello to all the children of the world!”
We made maps, my son chose our garage, and is pointing to my van on his map.
Finally, we decorated and issued passports to all of the new World Travelers!
The only mishap for the first day of school was this:
One of our chairs didn’t quite make it through the day thanks to my son who can’t seem to keep the feet of his chair on the floor. And I’ll have you know, that being it was the FIRST day of school, I didn’t even lose my cool! Praise God for that because part of me wanted to ;o)
For more detailed lesson plans and to learn more about our Geography Curriculum click here!
Stay tuned next week to learn what we are doing for China!