What is Spelling City? It’s an online spelling program that lets you teach spelling, vocabulary and word meaning through interactive online games, tests, and worksheets. You can customize weekly lists for your students then print worksheets, lists, play teaching games, even give practice and final tests.
While Spelling City offers most of their services for free, with the subscription you get some helpful extras such as:
- Automatic test grading
- Student activity tracking
- Saved Lists for each student
- Wrong Words List (Keeps track of misspelled words for students so you know what to work on)
- Access to SpeedySpeller and LetterFall (Premium Games)
- Telephone Support
What’s the cost? For a family of 5 it is $24.99
Things I like about Spelling City free version:
- You can enter your own list, then get games, tests, and teaching tools for it!
- You can use their lists and ideas!
- Share lists with other homeschoolers
- Online Games and tests
- Printable Worksheets
Our thoughts on Spelling City? If you’re looking for a fun interactive way to help your students with their spelling, this is it! The online games are super fun, and I like that it takes something that can be sort of boring and gives it a fun spin to help keep kids interested and learning. If you haven’t stopped by to check it out yet, I highly recommend it!
Spelling City also offers several resources such as:
- Compound Words
- Contractions – New!
- Dolch – Sight Words
- Geography Lists
- Handwriting Worksheets
- Homophones and Homonyms
- Literature Based Word Lists
- Monthly Holiday Lists
- Phonics & Sight Word Curriculum
- Popular Word Lists
- Possessive Nouns – New!
- Printables – New!
- Sample Lists
- Sound Alike Words
- Student Writing Practice – New!
- Teacher Training Videos
- UK Spelling
- Word Abbreviations – New!
Disclosure: I am member of the TOS Homeschool Crew. Spelling City provided me with a free subscription to its premium subscription to review on my blog. The opinions I have given are mine and may differ from others but were not influenced by the company or the free product provided.