Happy Holidays everyone! I have a super fun and extremely easy kids Christmas treat recipe for you today! Chocolate covered pretzel rods are super simple, and a great way to keep younger kiddos involved in the cooking action!
Ready to get started?
- Pretzel Rods
- Candy Melts (We used white, but you could also use another color!)
- Cookie sheet
- Waxed paper
- Line a cookie sheet with waxed paper and set aside.
- Melt candy melts in a microwave safe dish following the instructions on the package. We melted in 30 second intervals stirring in between until the candy was smooth.
- Next, dip the pretzel rods in the melted candy about half way in, then set on the waxed paper to cool. While still warm decorate as desired with sprinkles.
- Once cooled, you can enjoy them, or package them up in clear bags to give to friends and neighbors as a special holiday treat. We brought them to one of our Christmas parties this year and they were a huge hit!
I hope you enjoyed this easy and delicious snack idea! If you have any ideas to share, make sure to leave a comment below!
These are a great project for my grandkids. .thanks for the idea!
Yum! Thanks for sharing. I love your blog. I’ve been following COAH since 2010, before I even had children! Such an inspiration to other families. You have so many great ideas. Thank you for being a blessing to others! Merry Christmas 🙂