Hi friends! Today I have a super fun and easy DIY project for you. Pillow covers are one of the easiest things to make, and it’s a great last minute Christmas gift idea too! This is also a great project for beginners and kids. So if you want to see how to make it, check out today’s video!
Watch my DIY: How to Make a Pillow Cover here!
I hope you enjoyed this tutorial! Check out my Quilting/Sewing playlist on YouTube for more fun DIY projects and make sure to subscribe to my channel!
Visit my Instagram to see more fun quilting projects!
Links to products used in this video:
- Creative Grids Ruler:
- Fiskars 8″ Scissors
- Aurifil Thread (I use 50wt 2021)
- Olfa Splash 45mm Rotary Cutter
- American Crafts Self Healing Mat
- Clover Wonder Clips
- 505 Fabric Adhesive
- JoAnn’s 36″ x 59″ Cutting Mat
- Farm Girl Vintage by Lori Holt
If you just tuned in, here are more videos in my How to Quilt Series!
- Quilting Supplies: What do you need to get started?
- How to Choose a Sewing Machine
- How to Choose Fabric
- How to Cut Fabric
- How to Piece a Quilt Top
- How to Press Fabric
- How to Baste a Quilt
- How to Straight Line Quilt
- How to Free Motion Quilt
- How to Bind a Quilt (Machine and Hand!)
- Zipper Pouch Tutorial
- Boxed Zipper Pouch Tutorial
Here are a few more of my Quilting Tutorials online if you’re just getting started:
- Sherbet Stars Quilt Tutorial
- Pink Pig Rag Quilt Tutorial
- DIY Tic-Tac-Toe Board Game (*Great for learning beginning skills!)
- Patchwork Book Cover
- Quilt-as-you-go Book Cover
- Kids Pillow with Pocket
- How to Applique’ Basics (Don’t worry it’s super easy!)
- Thread Catcher Tutorial
Can you please tell us what fabric line was used to make this pillow cover. Thank you
I used Holly’s Tree Farm by Sweetwater for Moda.
I just discovered your tutorials today on you tube. I love this one. I was wanting a tutorial for this type of pillow as I’d like to make one to match my first quilt (which I just finished the top today!!)
God Bless You.
What is the pattern for the pillow top? (the house). Do you have a link to that?
Hi, the house block is from this book: https://amzn.to/3bu798d And of course I altered it a bit and then added the checkered borders on my own.