Our Garden: June Update

I know it’s already July, but I’m just now getting around to sharing these photos from June! I showed some of our seedling plants in my first garden post this year, and here’s where they are now! They’ve been successfully transplanted and seem to be thriving despite the unusually cold start they had followed by the lovely harsh wind that’s been ripping through our state.

IMG_5509

Our first bed has onions, lettuce, carrots, radishes, broccoli, cauliflower, snap peas, peppers, tomatoes, basil and parsley.

IMG_5511

Our second bed contains strawberries, watermelon, and cantaloupe.

The third bed isn’t worth showing, its mostly corn, cucumbers and zucchini but they’re still babies.

I’m getting a canning lesson from my good friend at Our Family Homestead this weekend and will share that with you once I know what the heck I’m doing!

• Our Village is a Little Different July 21, 2010 at 7:25 am

I'm stopping by from TOS. It looks like your garden is coming along nicely, and so did your Strawberry Jam! Have a wonderful day!

• Asashia July 21, 2010 at 7:56 am

I wish my garden was thriving like yours! That's what happens when your lot is on top of a rock quarry!

• Our Homeschool Reviews July 21, 2010 at 8:26 am

Hi. Stopping by from the crew on the blog walk. Love your garden. Wish I could get one going!http://ourhomeschoolreviews.blogspot.com/

• Elle Belles Bows July 21, 2010 at 8:54 am

We did a raised garden this year too and we love it! Between the garden and our CSA, we always have something fresh and healthy to eat.

• AskTracy July 21, 2010 at 10:54 am

Your garden looks so neat & tidy, our garden looks like a jungle! LOL I guess zucchini will make any garden look like a jungle though… : )

• 50 Chubby Toes July 21, 2010 at 2:37 pm

Great Garden!!! Nothin' better than serving fresh veggies at home! Unless your talkin' about Homemade Strawberry Jam!!! YUM! I have a Blog Award for you on my blog! Blessings, EMichelle

• Briana July 21, 2010 at 7:53 pm

Your garden looks good. Your lettuce is pretty. It is too hot here and all of mine has gone to seed. Have fun with the canning!

• Wonder Mom July 21, 2010 at 8:21 pm

Hey ya, lovely lady! I have OFTEN frquented you blog in the past, and I am SO EXCITED to be "sailing" with you this year on the TOS Voyage!

• ~Babychaser~ July 22, 2010 at 11:08 am

What variety of lettuce is that??? I've not been pleased with the lettuce we've had. Maybe it's the weather more than the variety, but I'd still love to know! :)Great garden!

• Jennifer July 24, 2010 at 12:20 pm

Stopping by from the crew to envy your garden. I love to garden… and we have a small container garden on our town-home patio… but I just can't help but be envious every time I see someone with a "real" garden.