Care package from Japan

We were so excited to receive this awesome care package from one of my readers who lives in Japan! She nicely put together a whole selection full of goodies for my kids!

DSC03125

We’re having a blast going through all of it, and my kids and I want to give a HUGE thank you to Marla for her kindness and generosity! They were so excited to see things from Japan since they studied it a few weeks back for our Expedition Earth Geography studies.

DSC03126

My son was so excited that he’s going to do Japan for our Geography fair in December and we’ll be using some of this cool stuff for our display!

Thanks so much Marla, this was so cool!

• Amy November 13, 2010 at 1:50 am

That is so cool! I never even thought about that! We could send you guys some things, too, if you think you would like to see some things from South Korea. Let me know, the kids and I would love to go pick some things up.

• Our Family Is His November 13, 2010 at 4:48 am

We have friends that are Japanese (met them when we were kids and they came here for a year while their Dad was on a fellowship). For my younger son's birth they sent us such a wonderful box of goodies. Clothes, traditional plate set for baby's meal, fun toys, and more. It was incredible and even many of the baby clothing items are just so beautiful. Their fabrics are such works of art (well, the Pokemon winter kimono not a work of art, hehehehe, but the rest were).

• Chris November 13, 2010 at 5:29 am

this is such a good idea.. i live in the philippines and we are enjoying expedition earth… it would be great if somehow, we can receive goodies from countries we are studying… 🙂

• Me November 13, 2010 at 5:48 am

Sweet! How wonderful! Maybe some of us can pool together and do the same. What a wonderful idea!

• Laura Dodson November 13, 2010 at 5:48 am

wow, how awesome is that!?!

• Milk and Honey Mommy November 13, 2010 at 6:32 am

Wow! Having friends in far away places truly has its benefits. That is so nice.

• Annette November 13, 2010 at 8:05 am

That's awesome! How sweet and thoughtful of her. I'm sure you all are having a great time looking through it all!

• Katie November 13, 2010 at 8:46 am

What an amazingly thoughtful and sweet gift!

• Kristine November 13, 2010 at 12:57 pm

How awesome and so sweet!

• Marla November 14, 2010 at 6:03 am

It was our pleasure!!! Can't wait to meet you guys in person someday, now that we know we have such a "close" connection! 😉