Hot Taco Soup
I wanted to share a new recipe with everyone now that it’s starting to get colder out! This recipe is so yummy even the kids devour it! A fellow homeschooling mom shared this recipe with me a few years ago and we’ve made it ever since! It’s called “Hot Taco Soup” and if you like tacos and you like soup/chili, then you’ll absolutely LOVE this!
- 1 1/2 lbs extra lean ground beef
- 1 med Onion, chopped
- 2 sticks celery, chopped (I omit this)
- 1 – 17oz can diced tomatoes with juice
- 2 – 14oz cans kidney beans (or your favorite kind)
- 1 – 8oz package frozen corn (or canned w/juice)
- 1 package Taco Seasoning
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 cup chicken broth
- Optional Garnish: shredded cheddar cheese, diced avocado, sour cream, sliced green onion, Fritos (YES, I said Fritos! We crunch them up and toss ‘em in the soup! YUM!)
In large stockpot, brown ground beef, onion and celery. Drain grease, add tomatoes & all but garnish. Simmer for at least 30 minutes.
Serve in individual bowls and garnish as desired!
Make your own Taco Seasoning!
- 1 T chili powder
- 1/4 t garlic powder
- 1/4 t onion powder
- 1/4 t crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 t oregano
- 1/2 t paprika
- 1 1/2 t cumin
- 1 t salt
- 1 t black pepper