Expedition Earth: Brazil
Oi! Welcome to our week on Brazil, we had so much fun with this week, my kids have been waiting for the rain forest craft since August!
Here are some more of the things we covered this week:
- Located Brazil & the Atlantic Ocean on the map and completed our worksheet
- How to say “Hello” in Portuguese – Oi’!
- Prayed for the Brazilian people
- Read Children Just Like Me Book
- Made Brigadeiros (Yummy chocolate balls)
- Completed a lapbook activity
- Learned about and classified 6 animals of Brazil
- Geography from A-Z Vocab: jungle, River, Meander
- Living World Encyclopedia: Learned all about the rain Forest
- Created an awesome Rain Forest diorama! (pics below)
- Tried to play soccer, but had to do it inside as we had snow all week!
- Learned about the 2nd Wonder of the World: Christ the Redeemer Statue
- Tried to finish our week with a traditional Brazilian meal, but didn’t feel like driving clear downtown LOL! Oh well…it’s the thought that counts!
- Read Afternoon on the Amazon by Mary Pope Osborne. This is a Matic Gree House book and the kids absolutely LOVED it! I highly recommend!
Here are some of the highlights of the week:
We start each week stamping our passports:
Here’s my whiteboard for the week: We review the facts each day along with locations & capitals of previously learned countries.
We learned about the flag of Brazil and completed a mapping worksheet as well.
We worked on our mini-lapbooks:
Learned all about some fun animals of Brazil, and added them to our animal wall:
Made a fun Brazilian Rainforest Diorama! Instructions are in my Expedition Earth curriculum and I’ll post on it later this week as well!
If you have a Botanical Gardens near you, I encourage you to go and “SEE” the rainforest plants in real life. They’re so beautiful and HUGE! Everything was so big and colorful, it really helped to give an idea of what it’s like in the rainforest!
Well that wraps up our week on Brazil! Stay tuned as we head over to Panama next week!
Click here to learn more about the Expedition Earth Geography curriculum!