K4 Curriculum ~ Funny Words (CVC Words)

Hi everyone! I’m excited to share my new CVC Funny Words maker with everyone. As part of my K4 Expansion, we’re working more on beginning reading skills. These flip cards are great for getting new readers used to putting letter sounds together.

funnywordspromo

–> Click here to download Funny Words <–

To play:

1. Cut out the letter tiles and hole punch where indicated.
  2. Using 3 key rings, bind the letters together to make a flip chart.
  3. Have your student flip the letters to make funny words.

There are actual word ideas on the back cover of the booklet, but I also encourage you to let them try to blend together whatever letters they flip to. It’s more fun, and gives students great practice blending letter sounds together.

These activities are part of my K4 level expansion to my Letter of the Week Curriculum, click on the images below to see more activities!

K4button copy[8] LOTWlogo[5]

Hope you enjoy!

• Annie Moffatt May 19, 2011 at 11:29 pm

Super cute Erica!!Annie

• Chris May 19, 2011 at 11:52 pm

this is so wonderful! 🙂 it will be fun 🙂 many thanks

• Sara May 20, 2011 at 4:55 am

Is it just me, or is there no letter "B" card?

• Barbara May 20, 2011 at 5:48 am

I would like an entire page of "blanks" so I can add in other cards…such as consonant blends, and vowel combos, as we progress….

• Confessions Of A Homeschooler May 20, 2011 at 9:49 am

Sarah: Letter b is the first letter on pg 3 of the document. vowels are at the end.

• Confessions Of A Homeschooler May 20, 2011 at 9:53 am

oops sorry you were right for some reason the b didn't show up. It should be fixed now, please re-download, sorry!

• Jana May 20, 2011 at 1:38 pm

What a great idea! Thank you for sharing. It reminds me a little of my "Flip It Word Game" (check it out here: http://deceptivelyeducational.blogspot.com/2011/05/flip-it-word-game.html). Stop by my blog or better yet, 'Like' its Facebook page. I'd be thrilled to have another parent with great educational activities as a follower!

• Anonymous May 21, 2011 at 7:15 pm

Good catch Sarah! It would have taken me a while to notice no letter B!Thanks for fixing that Erica!And thanks for yet another great resource!

• Becky May 22, 2011 at 6:56 pm

Love your idea! What a fun way to practice some CVC words!How do you copyright your creations? I couldn't find that info on your PDF file. I need to copyright some texts I've written before I distribute them via my blog.Thanks for helping,Becky

• Confessions Of A Homeschooler May 24, 2011 at 5:58 pm

Becky: Thank you! To copyright e-versions you can go to: https://eco.copyright.gov

1 2