AUG
2012

Free Story Writing Printables

Looking for some help teaching writing to elementary aged students? Looking for some creative writing pages, editing checklists, and story planners? Look no further!

IMG_7323web

This year I thought I’d get a head start on our writing process and created some helpful printables to help make writing a little easier and a little more fun!

–> Download the Writing Pages Printables <–

One of the things we need to work on this year is our writing skills. Writing isn’t Turbo’s favorite subject and I found out that he does much better if he has a way to plan out stories or letters prior to working on them.

So this year I created a bunch of different writing pages to help make the process a little less painful.

What’s Included?

writingpromo

(not all worksheets shown)

Editing Checklists: (These are small 2×3 sized cards that can be laminated then hole punched. Store them on a keyring for quick access to help students edit and proof their writing! (See above photo)

• Editing Checklist
  • Proofing Marks
  • Capitalization Checklist
  • Grammar Review
  • Punctuation Listing

Writing Pages:

• My Story Plan Web
  • Writing Structure Outline
  • My Story Writing Pages (3 different line heights)
  • My Book Report Outline
  • My Report Writing Pages (3 different line heights)
  • Friendly Letter Template (2 different line heights)
  • Thank You Letter Template (2 different line heights)
  • Vocabulary Word Template

–> Download the Writing Pages Printables <–

I hope this blesses you in some way and makes writing a little bit more fun! For some great writing prompts to go along with these printables check out the Writeshop StoryBuilders! They have several different options, themes, and ideas to help reluctant readers be successful with creative writing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Comments

1. Erica,
    THANK you for this, and for all the tools you give us moms to help us teach our kiddos. YOU are such a blessing to me, and I just wanted you to know! I wouldn’t be where I am in my homeschooling adventure without your generous and wonderful resources. Thank you.
    ~Jacque

2. Awesome stuff! Thanks a bunch!

3. I wonder if you ever do Office Printables? I am seeing them more and more to help kids with have a basic reference for important things like measurement, grammar, math etc.

4. Beth Tanner says:

This is excellent! Thank you so much for creating and offering such a valuable tool!

5. This is sooo fantastic, Erica! Thank you soo much for doing these and for making them free. :)

6. Thank you so much for sharing!

7. Lili Kennedy says:

Once again… Out of the ball park!!! These are a great addition to the classroom. Thanks!

8. This is AWESOME!! Many, Many Thanks! :)

9. Thanks, Erica! These are great! We did a lot of Writer’s Workshop time last year and it helped my (then) 2nd grader a lot. I’d set the timer and just let her write!! We worked our way through the steps of the writing process and her creativity and ideas flowed. Love these portable editing checklists! :)

10. Thank you! Love love love this! I’ve been trying to sort through this in my head, how to do similar, as all of my school-age children will be doing MUCH more writing this year…and you somehow pulled the idea together MUCH better than I was coming up with!

11. Wow! This is amazing. Lots of time & effort in creating these materials. Thank you for sharing. You are a blessing.

12. Thanks for sharing.
    Cathie J at toddlersthroughpreschool.com

13. This is awesome! I’m not great at coming up with stories and writing so it’s hard for me to instill it in my boys (and it shows!). Thanks so much for ALL of your great stuff!!

14. Samantha Lehmann says:

These are lovely! You might also try Kidspiration or Inspiration – both are computer organizers for kids – they really help them visualize the story they are organizing – I actually like Inspiration for grades 3 and up. You can get a free download for a month….

15. Thank you so much for the ideas you present to all of us! You’re a blessing!

16. Awesome awesome awesome…..squealing! So creative and practical

Thanks to the moon and back!!

17. Your remarkable resource is appreciated and brilliant.
    Than you!!!

18. Thank you, these will help so much. I am always looking for fun ways to help my children in their learning. These will be great.

19. What a blessing … thank you for sharing with us. I pray that a special blessing comes your way today!

20. Andrea Gardner says:

You are Ah-Mazing! Thank you!!!!

21. You are such a blessing to so many people. Thank you so much. What wonderful seeds you have sown!

22. Thank you so much for making these available! This is exactly what I need this year to help my reluctant writer. :)

23. Thank you so much for sharing.

24. Thank you! You make homeschooling easy for me! Your tools have been a real blessing for me! :)

25. Thanks SOOO much for this. This will be a big help for our book reports.

26. Randa @ Homeschool Roundup says:

Thank you SO much! These are awesome! I especially appreciate the editing checklist.

27. Thank you so much, how do you find the time! What a blessing! We are just beginning our journey and your sharing is making so much of our year possible!

28. Thank you so much for sharing this with us! I love it and will be perfect for my daughter!

29. peanutmom2001 says:

Thank you so much for sharing this! My daughter is going to love it! :)

30. thanks for your great ideas!

31. Thanks a TON! We are focusing a ton more on writing this year and I’m excited for these extra helps. Thanks!

32. awesome thank you! :)

33. WOW!!!! I don’t know how you do it, but I sure am grateful that you do! Thank you so much!

34. Last night my son said to me he was not a good writer, after some questions I found he just has trouble thinking of what to write. I was going to look for something or make something up myself when your email arrived today. THANK YOU!!!

35. You are WONDERFUL!!!! Thank you for all of your time and effort!

36. thank you for another fabulous freebie:P This is such an awesome idea!!

37. Thanks Erica!!! We haven’t formally started any writing in our homeschool, but my eldest child is beginning to show an interest so I may need to get something going for next year (we school by calendar year).

Also, just wanted to point out that possession is spelled incorrectly (See Apostrophe). Mainly because you have got a reminder to check spelling on a previous card. ;-)

Bless you!

38. WOW! What a great site! What great writing helps too. Some of my kiddos are soo intimidated by writing, but by the way you have broken it down soo simply, I’m sure that these pages will help! Thank you!! :-)

39. Erica, I had seen the free writing printables and was very interested to use those with my daughters, but for some reason every time I go to download them, I come up with a blank screen. I would even be happy to pay for them. I think they’d be a very valuable tool. Any tips?

Thanks,
    Jennifer

40. The link to download is not working for me! Would you mind emailing it to me?

41. Theses look awesome! Could you possibly (in all your free time ;> ) email these to me ? Can’t get the link to work.

42. These are awesome! Thank you so much for your generosity!!

43. Just stumbled upon your website and I love it!! You have loads of ideas that I need to tap into. I am working with Kindergarden children and some of your printables will help and some of the writing pages will also help me with the older primary school children I have. Can I have your permission to print them off?
    Thank you for sharing all these great ideas and resources. All the best and have a great year!
    Catherine from Spain.

44. Michelle in Christchurch, New Zealand says:

Thank you so much – this is just what I’ve been looking for! Great resource.

45. Thanks so much for the tools! I just downloaded everything. :) I plan to use it in the 5-6th grade homeschool co-op class I teach.

46. Hello! Thank you very much for the packet. I love it. Thank you very much for making it free.

47. Hey Erica,

I love your website and your great ideas! You’re such an inspiration to the home schooling world!

My friend just started doing these awesome writing tutorials (there are only a few), but I thought maybe you’d like them!

Thanks for all you do!
    Kelsey

48. What a blessing YOU are, thank you!

49. Thank you so much for kindly sharing these with us.

50. Thank you this are Awesome!!

51. Thank you so much for such helpful, beautiful resources. God Bless you and your family.

52. New Teacher says:

Thanks a bunches for this. I’m a new teacher and can use all the help I can get. Thanks again!!!!

53. Thanks so much for these printables!! I’m a student teacher, just learning the ropes. The worksheets are adorable! You are amazing :)