This week we had the pleasure of reviewing the Grammar 500 Game from Educational Insights. Grammar 500 is a fun, educational game that covers 100 grammar, punctuation, and capitalization questions.
To play the game, each person reads the top card in their stack silently. Then they put a tire on the A, B, of C spot to choose their answer. Next, they can read their questions and check the back to see if they got it correct. Then one of the players rolls the die, whoever got a correct answer gets to move their car ahead that many spots. Since my preschooler can’t read the cards just yet, we altered the game a little to fit our needs, but it was still fun.
We even let the Teeny Tot play, she had her own rules though…as in no rules…as in she moved her guy whenever she felt like it…she won.
The cards are kid-friendly, durable and easy to understand. Since it’s a simultaneous game, everyone stays engaged while playing. Grammar 500 is recommended for grades 2-5.
Want more info? Visit the Educational Insights links below, if you stop by let them know that Erica @ Confessions sent you over!
And as usual, the super cool folks at Educational Insights is offering a free Grammar 500 Game to one of you!
- Simply leave a comment below letting me know why you’d like to win a free Grammar 500 Game from Educational Insights!
Additional Optional Entries: (not required to win, leave a separate comment on this post for each additional entry)
- Subscribe via email to Confessions of a Homeschooler or Subscribe via RSS
- Follow Confessions on Twitter
- Tweet about this giveaway, feel free to copy the text below:
Enter to win an @ed_insights Grammar 500 Game from @ericahomeschool! Enter thru 1/20/11! /?p=4208
Nitty Gritty Giveaway Details:
- The give away will be open until midnight EST Friday January 20, 2012. Winner will be announced by Sunday January 22,, 2012.
- No purchase necessary to win.
- Must be 18 years of age or older to enter.
- If prize winner forfeits or does not claim the prize, prize will be re-awarded at my sole discretion.
- Void where prohibited by law.
- Make sure to leave a separate comment for each entry, winner will be chosen at random!
- This giveaway is offered to US residents only!
- Odds of winning based on number of entries.
- This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook.
- NOTE: In order to enter the contest you must leave a comment on my blog post. To leave a comment scroll to the bottom of the post and fill in the “Speak Your Mind” form. (If you are reading this via RSS, you will need to visit my actual blog to post a comment.)
- Disclosure: Educational Insights provided me with a free copy of their product to review on my blog. The opinions I have given are mine and may differ from others but were not influenced by the company or the free product provided.