Hello readers! Today we’re taking a closer look at the 5th grade daily homeschool schedule that Turbo has been doing this year.
This is basically an outline of our day and things do change up a bit here and there. But for the most part, this is the schedule that Turbo is following this year. I didn’t let him pick an elective class this year, but I think I’ll allow everyone to pick one next year since Strawberry Shortcake’s photography class went so well.
We switched things up a little this year, and instead of doing history and science everyday, we now alternate them doing both only twice per week. I did have to pick units for our science because we won’t get through the whole book in one year now, but several of them were repeats for us anyway. And I prefer alternating them each twice a week rather than trying to do both daily.
Turbo is currently 10 years old, and in the 5th grade. He definitely has a filled schedule this year, but he’s doing great!
Download a copy:
Here is our basic 5th Grade Schedule:
- 8:30am – Breakfast / Family Devotions
- 9:00am – Daily Learning Notebook
- 9:15am – Bible
- 9:30am – Math
- 10:30am – English
- 11:00am – Handwriting
- 11:20am – Reading
- 11:30am – Spelling
- 11:45am – Vocabulary
- 12:00 – Lunch/PE
- 1:00pm – History / Science
- 1:30pm – Typing, art, music, LEGO Robotics
- 2:00pm – Writing / Literature (2x per week)
- 2:30pm – Free
- 4pm – Swimming & Inline Hockey. And yes, I drive around a lot this time of day.
We are currently doing Bible, History, Science, and Literature as a group which makes it a bit easier on me. And this year Tinker Bell, Turbo, and Strawberry Shortcake all do IEW writing together too.
Here is our 5th grade curriculum for the year:
- Daily Learning Notebook: He’ll be doing the Cursive Notebook this year.
- Art: World’s Greatest Artists 2 and See the Light Art DVDs
- Bible: Picture Smart Bible & Grapevine Studies
- English/Grammar: BJU English 5
- Handwriting: BJU Handwriting 5
- History: The Middle Ages – Time Traveler Unit & my Colorado State Study
- Literature: Classical Literature Units
- Math: Math U See Epsilon
- P.E.: Family Time Fitness
- Photography: The Foto Finch Composition & Photojournalism (Review coming soon!)
- Reading: Abeka Reading 5 & Read & Comprehend Skill Sheets 5
- Robotics: LEGO Education We’re continuing with our co-op group and the Simple Mechanisms set this year.
- Science: Abeka Science 5 & one of my scientist units if we can fit it in!
- Spelling: All About Spelling Level 4 & 5, & Spelling You See C
- Typing: Typing Instructor Platinum (CD Version)
- Vocabulary: Vocabulary Workshop (This is our first year trying this per a friend’s suggestion.)
- Writing: Institute for Excellence in Writing
- Contenders of the Faith
- LEGO Education We’re continuing with our co-op group and the Simple Mechanisms set this year.
Hope you enjoy seeing our daily schedules, I’ll be posting more on our up coming year’s schedule and curriculum soon!