I know it’s silly, but I’ve seriously always wanted an Estimation Station for our school room! I mean how fun! We participate in a monthly Boy’s Lego club and Science day. Each month our host has a little jar filled with something that the kids get to estimate. Whoever is closest wins the jar, which usually has something totally fun like M&M’s in it!
And wouldn’t you know it, the awesome people at Educational Insights just happened to have one of these bad boys for us to review! This one is so cool, it even comes with a little cup that you can fill so the kids can really use some actual math skills to help them estimate how much the whole station holds.
Obviously ours has Lego’s in it. Aside from school use, we used our Estimation Station at my son’s Lego birthday party this summer too. We had all the boys guess the amount of Lego’s inside and then the winner received a fun Lego set!
The possibilities are endless here, and the kids get so excited when they see a new one show up in our school room! I am going to try and do a new one each week for them. And it’s great for logical thinking, addition, and multiplication skill building too! And with the estimation cup, your students can use some more precise logical mathematical estimation skills instead of just guessing.
Want more info? Visit the Educational Insights links below, if you stop by let them know that Erica @ Confessions sent you over!
READY TO WIN?
Now you KNOW that Educational Insights is offering a FREE Estimation Station to one of my readers! So if you’re interested, keep reading!
- Simply leave a comment below letting me know why you’d like to win an Estimation Station from Educational Insights.
Additional Optional Entries: (optional additional entries, not required to win)
- Like Educational Insights on Facebook
- Follow Educational Insights on Twitter (Make sure to tell them Erica @ Confessions sent you over!)
- Subscribe via email to Confessions of a Homeschooler or Subscribe via RSS to Confessions
- Tweet about this giveaway, feel free to copy the text below:
Enter to win an @ed_insights Estimation Station from @ericahomeschool! Enter thru 12/30/11! /?p=4239
Nitty Gritty Giveaway Details:
- The give away will be open until midnight EST Friday December 30, 2011. Winner will be announced by Monday January 2, 2011.
- No purchase necessary to win.
- Void where prohibited by law.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- If prize winner forfeits or does not claim prize, prize will be re-awarded at my sole discretion.
- Make sure to leave a separate comment for each entry, winner will be chosen at random!
- This giveaway is offered to US & Canada residents only!
- Odds of winning based on number of entries.
- This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook.
- NOTE: In order to enter the contest you must leave a comment on my blog post. To leave a comment scroll to the bottom of the post and fill in the “Speak Your Mind” form (If you are reading this via RSS, you will need to visit my actual blog to post a comment.)
- Disclosure: Educational Insights provided with free Estimation Station for review on my blog. The opinions I have given are mine and may differ from others but were not influenced by the company or the free product provided.