I have to let you all know, this was my first time making this super easy Tater Tot Casserole recipe! My husband had it growing up, and to my recollection we never did! It turned out to be a crowd pleaser so I thought I would share it with you all for nights when you need something super easy and quick!
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 tsp. ketchup
- 1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1/2 diced onion chopped
- 1 bag frozen tater tots
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cooking Spray
- Optional: frozen peas
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C)
- Brown ground beef and onion in sauté pan and drain grease, and salt and pepper to taste. Optional: add frozen peas to meat mixture
- Add cream of mushroom soup, ketchup, and Worcestershire sauce to meat mixture and mix well.
- Spray bottom of a 9×13 casserole dish and spread meat mixture evenly across bottom.
- Arrange tater tots evenly over beef layer.
- Sprinkle shredded cheddar cheese evenly over the top.
- Bake in preheated over for about 30 minutes or until cheese is bubbly.
My youngest daughter who is now over 21 loves this casserole. I make it every time she comes home for a visit.
Come visit my blog toddlersthroughpreschool.com any time.
Just made this cassarole tonight and my kids wouldn’t touch it. So sad! If only my kids had tastebuds.
I will have to try this one with soup…I have a similar version that is a big hit…instead of soup, I add BBQ sauce.
Mix together grilled peppers and onions (kids like them so I add them for flavor when I can), ground hamburger (or turkey), some corn and a handful of grated cheese…place in 9×13, top with tater tots and cheddar cheese and bake!!
Kids eat it up!! Kinda like a cheeseburger but much easier!! Enjoy!!
LOL! We JUST had this tonight. It’s always a pleaser. Except today my daughter decided she didn’t want potatoes or meat. Grr!
Looks yummy and easy… we don’t eat canned soup, so I’m wondering if anyone has any suggestion for a substitute for this recipe…
Actually, any suggestion for substitution in general for canned soup in recipes? There are so many out there, especially slow cooker recipes, that call for cream of… soup, ugh!
Here is a recipe for homemade Cream of Chicken soup:
We use French cut green beans instead….ate this as a kid!