Hi everyone! I have a super fun and easy tutorial for you. Today I’ll be showing you how to make this cute drawstring bag. It’s super easy and makes a great knitting or crochet project bag. It would also make a great gift bag for the holidays. Just fill it with some goodies and you’re all set!
Watch my Drawstring Bag Tutorial here!
–>> Download the Easy Drawstring Bag PDF with cutting instructions here <<–
- Outside fabric: 1 fat quarter (Outside)
- Patchwork section: 1 Moda Mini-Charm pack OR 24 – 2.5” x 2.5” squares
- Lining Fabric: 3/8 yard
- 3/16″ Cotton Rope
- Cotton Batting or Fusible Fleece: 3/8 yard
- Olfa Splash 45mm Rotary Trimmer
- Creative Grids Acrylic Ruler
- American Crafts Self-healing mat
- Sewing Pins
- Clover Wonder Clips
- 505 Spray Adhesive
- Panasonic NI-WL600 Cordless Iron
- Frixion Erasable Pens
- Gingher Scissors
Outside fabric: From 1 fat quarter cut:
- Drawstring Casing: Cut two pieces 2.5” x 11”
- Bag Top Section: Cut two pieces 4.5” x 12.5”
- Bag Bottom Section: Cut one piece 10.5” x 12.5”
Patchwork section: 1 mini-charm pack OR 24 – 2.5” x 2.5” squares
Cording: Cut into two 1 yard pieces
- Cut two pieces 12.5” x 13”
- Cut one piece 3” x 8”
- Cut one piece 14” x 29” (Or use a piece that is about 1” larger than the outside of your bag.)
Finished bag size approx. 12” h x 11” w
Here are some more fun quilting tutorials for you!
Disclosure: Some links above are affiliate links. Thank you so much for supporting my blog in this way!