Hi everyone! I have a super fun and easy tutorial for you. Today I’ll be showing you how to make this cute Drawstring Squishy bag. It’s super easy and makes a great knitting or crochet project bag. It would also make a great gift bag for the holidays. Just fill it with some goodies and you’re all set!
Watch my Drawstring Bag Tutorial here!
Do you prefer written instructions? Get the Easy Drawstring Bag PDF with cutting instructions here!
- Outside fabric: 1 fat quarter (Outside)
- Patchwork section: 1 Moda Mini-Charm pack OR 24 – 2.5” x 2.5” squares
- Lining Fabric: 3/8 yard
- 3/16″ Cotton Rope
- Cotton Batting or Fusible Fleece: 3/8 yard
- Olfa Splash 45mm Rotary Trimmer
- Creative Grids Acrylic Ruler
- American Crafts Self-healing mat
- Sewing Pins
- Clover Wonder Clips
- 505 Spray Adhesive
- Panasonic NI-WL600 Cordless Iron
- Frixion Erasable Pens
- Gingher Scissors
Outside fabric: From 1 fat quarter cut:
- Drawstring Casing: Cut two pieces 2.5” x 11”
- Bag Top Section: Cut two pieces 4.5” x 12.5”
- Bag Bottom Section: Cut one piece 10.5” x 12.5”
Patchwork section: 1 mini-charm pack OR 24 – 2.5” x 2.5” squares
Cording: Cut into two 1 yard pieces
- Cut two pieces 12.5” x 13”
- Cut one piece 3” x 8”
- Cut one piece 14” x 29” (Or use a piece that is about 1” larger than the outside of your bag.)
Finished bag size approx. 12” h x 11” w
Here are some more fun quilting tutorials for you!