If you’ve been crocheting along with me, we have just learned how to make a two-tone crochet granny square, a single-color crochet granny square, and a fun Granny Star Tote bag!
Today I’m sharing a few other fun ideas you can do with your two-tone and single-color crochet granny squares! These squares are beginner-friendly and a lot of fun! I put mine in a star layout, but there are so many options for different designs. Keep reading below for more ideas on how to play with your crochet granny squares!
Get the Crochet Granny Star Pillow PDF pattern here!
Finished Size: Approx. 20″ x 20″
Finished size may vary depending on your yarn and hook size.
- Lori Holt Chunky Thread (2 Weight)
- 2 Skeins Cloud (100g main color)
- 12 Skeins Lori Holt Chunky Thread in a variety of colors (72g Total or 6g ea. HST) (I used: Cloud, Peony, Cayenne, Honey, Riley Aqua, Riley Green, Lipstick, Frosting, Pumpkin, Riley Grey, and Breezy)
- US E – 3.5mm Crochet Hook
- Yarn Needle
- Embroidery Scissors
- 1-yard fabric for Backing
- 20″ x 20″ Pillow Insert
NOTE: Using another yarn weight is fine, however it will change your finished crochet blocks, and thus alter the size of your finished pillow.
Since these squares are essential half-square-triangles, there are several layout options!
This is a PDF DOWNLOAD. You will not be mailed a hard copy. To download your order, click ‘my account’, then click ‘view’ on your order.