Tissue Paper Butterfly Craft

Since our coffee filter butterfly craft didn’t go so well, we decided to try the tissue paper one this time. They liked and the finished products were reall pretty especially my 6 year olds. She diligently crumpled up her paper and glued it on so carefully! This was however a test of patience for my 5yr old, he’s always looking for ‘short-cuts’ and decided that it was faster just to glue on the sheets flat because they covered more area…ya, art’s not about being faster dude.

And our finished butterflies:

If you would like to use my printable, you can download it free from my Letter B activity page. I used the coloring sheet for this project!

• Sarah October 25, 2009 at 5:06 pm

Rather random, but where do you purchase your colored tissue paper for crafts and qty/cost? Thanks!

• Jennifer January 23, 2013 at 9:57 am

Yes this reply is years later, but just in case anyone sees this and has the same question, I figured I’d respond. I buy our tissue paper from Dollar Tree.

• Confessions of a Homeschooler October 25, 2009 at 7:22 pm

Hi, I actually had this paper laying around from a packet someone gave me, and I just cut it up into little squares! Sorry I know it's not much help, but I'm sure you could find tissue paper in most craft stores.

• Anonymous July 1, 2010 at 9:00 pm

Where is the pattern for this? I purchased (via download) and do not see this in the B files.

• Kathryn February 17, 2015 at 3:56 pm

Yes. Where is this page to use as the background? I also purchased via download.

• Kathryn February 17, 2015 at 4:10 pm

Saw the next post. Thanks. ๐Ÿ™‚

• Confessions Of A Homeschooler July 1, 2010 at 9:31 pm

Anonymous: Hi, I just used the file called butterflycoloring.pdf in the Letter B folder for the template.

• K March 8, 2012 at 9:25 am

I learned about your site via moneysavingmom.com. I find your story and your reasons for homeschooling to be very inspiring.

Do you have any ideas for Spring bulletin boards. Do you have any books about Spring that you and/or your children found especially enjoyable, (both insprirational and otherwise)? I have already started a search for books about spring for my preschooler – both at the library and online. Just want to have a hefty collection/variety. ๐Ÿ™‚

May God continue to bless you in your endeavors as a homeschooler. Thank you for sharing your story and all of the information that you provide in order to help others.