I found this cute Christmas votive craft at Crafts for all seasons!
- glass votive candle holder
- Decoupage medium, like Mod Podge (I used glossy)
- Paint brush
- Fake Snow Flakes from Michael’s or JoAnns
- Paper plate
- Place fake snow flakes on paper plate
- Paint outside of votive holder with mod podge
- Roll votive holder into snowflakes until well covered
- Once dry, re-coat votive with another layer of Mod Podge and allow to dry until medium turns clear!
- Light candle at dinner and remember that Jesus is the Light of the World!
It is in John’s Gospel chapter 1, verse 4 that we read, “In him was life; and the life was the light of men”. Again, in verse 9, “He was the true Light which gives light to every man coming into the world.”
What does all this mean? “God is light.” (1 Jn 1:5). Not only does he give light and provide light, He is the light and the source of light.
John 8:12: When Jesus spoke again to the people, he said, “I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life.”
Find a way to share the love of Jesus to others this season:
“You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house. In the same way, let your light shine before men, that they may see your good deeds and praise your Father in heaven.” Matthew 5:14-16