I’ve seen this idea on a couple of blogs and originally intended on giving them away as gifts, but after making them, I don’t think I can part with them!
- Plain bulb ornaments (I used clear ones from Michael’s, but metallic red would be just as cute!)
- White acrylic paint
- paint brush
- Little hands
- Something fun to fill your ornament with, I used sparkly tinsel
- Permanent markers to draw on embellishments
1. Carefully paint your kids’ hands (Be prepared for lots of squeals)
2. Have them carefully ‘grab’ the bulb, being careful not to move their fingers. I helped to press their fingers onto the bulb.
3. Use markers or acrylic paint to draw on embellishments: Scarf, hat, eyes, buttons, nose, arms
4. Write their name and year onto the palm of each ornament and hang on tree, or give as gifts! Warning: These turned out so cute I couldn’t bear to part with them, sorry grandmas 🙂