Handprint Snowman Ornament

I’ve seen this idea on a couple of blogs and originally intended on giving them away as gifts, but after making them, I don’t think I can part with them!

Supplies:

• Plain bulb ornaments (I used clear ones from Michael’s, but metallic red would be just as cute!)
  • White acrylic paint
  • paint brush
  • Little hands
  • Something fun to fill your ornament with, I used sparkly tinsel
  • Permanent markers to draw on embellishments

IMG_2248 IMG_2291

Instructions:

1. Carefully paint your kids’ hands (Be prepared for lots of squeals)

2. Have them carefully ‘grab’ the bulb, being careful not to move their fingers. I helped to press their fingers onto the bulb.

IMG_2249 IMG_2251 IMG_2252IMG_2260

3. Use markers or acrylic paint to draw on embellishments: Scarf, hat, eyes, buttons, nose, arms

4. Write their name and year onto the palm of each ornament and hang on tree, or give as gifts! Warning: These turned out so cute I couldn’t bear to part with them, sorry grandmas 🙂

IMG_2295 IMG_2294

• Cindy December 7, 2009 at 9:57 am

I had my child care children make these one year. We made a set for Mom and Daddy, and a set for each pair of Granparents. I found these wonderful satin like boxes at my Dollar Tree to put them in, and we made little gift tags. They were a big hit for all and they are put on the trees every year. One family has a new addition this year so I better get on the ball and get hers made too! Thank you for the reminder.

• Angela December 7, 2009 at 11:35 am

I love, love, love this!

• Confessions of a Homeschooler December 7, 2009 at 12:22 pm

That's a great idea, after telling my mom and mother-in-law about them, they both wanted some LOL! Maybe we'll make more!

• Ginger December 7, 2009 at 12:38 pm

Well, if that isn't the cutest thing I've ever seen in my life!!! LOVE IT!!!

• Tasha December 7, 2009 at 2:44 pm

so cute and so inexpensive! I think I shall make some tonight! Thanks for the idea!

• Jen December 7, 2009 at 5:31 pm

What a really cute idea. I have seen so many great ideas tonight. I can't wait to try this one, I mean I can't wait for my daughter to try this one.

• Jenny December 7, 2009 at 7:43 pm

You are right, they are adorable! I have this on my list of crafts to do soon!

• Elise December 7, 2009 at 11:26 pm

That is one of the sweetest ornaments I have ever seen. So gorgeous and what treasured gifts these would make.

• Erin December 8, 2009 at 1:14 pm

We made these last year and they were HUGE hits.Each kid made 8 so each of the grandparents and great-grandparents could have 1 (and me too)! 🙂

• Samantha December 8, 2009 at 2:15 pm

Wow – that is the most adorable ornament idea I've seen this year. I am planning to do gingerbread houses with my children for art on Friday so I'll have to do these as well. Thank you for posting!Samantha

1 2 3