I’ve seen this idea on a couple of blogs and originally intended on giving them away as gifts, but after making them, I don’t think I can part with them!
- Plain bulb ornaments (I used clear ones from Michael’s, but metallic red would be just as cute!)
- White acrylic paint
- paint brush
- Little hands
- Something fun to fill your ornament with, I used sparkly tinsel
- Permanent markers to draw on embellishments
1. Carefully paint your kids’ hands (Be prepared for lots of squeals)
2. Have them carefully ‘grab’ the bulb, being careful not to move their fingers. I helped to press their fingers onto the bulb.
3. Use markers or acrylic paint to draw on embellishments: Scarf, hat, eyes, buttons, nose, arms
4. Write their name and year onto the palm of each ornament and hang on tree, or give as gifts! Warning: These turned out so cute I couldn’t bear to part with them, sorry grandmas 🙂
These are SOOOOO cute!!!!
These are very cute!!Wondering how long they take to dry?~KristiPS… Your blog is my new favorite :o)
Hi actually they dry really fast because the paint isn't very thick on the bulb. I'd say maybe 15 – 20 minutes.
Very, very cute! Off to buy what I need to make these THIS weekend….thanks!~KellieThe Pirate Mom
I love this! This is one of those crafts that you see and you want to head out and get the supplies right then- and then you get hit by the biggest blizzard in a decade. Hopefully we'll dig out soon.
I absolutely love these ornaments! Your blog is a constant source of inspiration at our house, thank you so much!
Wondering if you could give a brief description of the red ornaments, as well. The blog you linked to is for invited guests only!!! Thanks…love your blog!
KIM: Sorry, her blog used to be open, they're just metallic red bulb ornaments, still with white paint, they looked exactly the same other than you don't have to fill them with anything b/c they're opaque.
Did you use any kind of top coat over the handprint to keep the paint from scratching off? They are adorable:)
ANGELA: You know I didn't cover the paint with anything and they seem to be okay. They just hang on our tree though so it's not like they're getting handled a lot!