I’ve seen this idea on a couple of blogs and originally intended on giving them away as gifts, but after making them, I don’t think I can part with them!
- Plain bulb ornaments (I used clear ones from Michael’s, but metallic red would be just as cute!)
- White acrylic paint
- paint brush
- Little hands
- Something fun to fill your ornament with, I used sparkly tinsel
- Permanent markers to draw on embellishments
1. Carefully paint your kids’ hands (Be prepared for lots of squeals)
2. Have them carefully ‘grab’ the bulb, being careful not to move their fingers. I helped to press their fingers onto the bulb.
3. Use markers or acrylic paint to draw on embellishments: Scarf, hat, eyes, buttons, nose, arms
4. Write their name and year onto the palm of each ornament and hang on tree, or give as gifts! Warning: These turned out so cute I couldn’t bear to part with them, sorry grandmas 🙂
My sister and I made these with our three oldest (5,2,& 15months). They turned out great and I think the grandparents are going to love them. What a great personalized gift. Thank you so much for sharing.
Love this idea! Did you draw the eyes and such on there? I teach preschool but not sure my little guys could do that?
Love this, thanks so much for the idea!
I did spray mine a bit with a clear poly after they were finished, it helps avoid the paint from scratching/flaking off during storage! Wouldn’t want to lose these precious prints over the years!